There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Missouri
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Missouri graduates receive degrees in occupational therapy. Thus, Missouri's 14 occupational therapy schools put out approximately 361 occupational therapists each year.
Washington University in St Louis, which was ranked 53rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Saint Louis. 60 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Washington University in St Louis in 2010. The tuition rate at Washington University in St Louis was $40,369 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a occupational therapy program is University of Missouri-Columbia. University of Missouri-Columbia, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Columbia. In 2010, 44 students graduated from University of Missouri-Columbia occupational therapy program. Tuition at University of Missouri-Columbia was $8,501 per year.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a occupational therapy program is Saint Louis University-Main Campus. Saint Louis University-Main Campus, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, 72 students graduated from Saint Louis University-Main Campus occupational therapy program. Tuition at Saint Louis University-Main Campus was $32,656 per year.
If you choose to attend a Missouri occupational therapy school, average tuition will be $11,852 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,704 per year to $40,369 per year. In 2010, the occupational therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Washington University in St Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $40,369 per year
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- Rockhurst University - located in Kansas City, students are charged $27,340 per year
The following Missouri occupational therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- East Central College - located in Union, students are charged $1,704 per year
- St Charles Community College - located in Saint Peters, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Ozarks Technical Community College - located in Springfield, students are charged $2,352 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Missouri go on to work as an occupational therapist. In 2010, there were 2,430 occupational therapists working in Missouri. The largest populations of Missouri occupational therapists are working in the following counties:
- Bond County - 1,200 occupational therapists
- Franklin County - 850 occupational therapists
- Christian County - 210 occupational therapists
The government projects that the number of occupational therapists in Missouri will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,630 occupational therapists working in Missouri.
On average, an occupational therapist earns a salary of $68,380 per year in Missouri state. But, salaries for occupational therapists can vary. In 2010, occupational therapists made as little as less than $46,850 per year or as much as more than $113,030 per year in Missouri. The counties in Missouri with the highest average salary for an occupational therapist are:
- Butler County - $81,070 per year
- Christian County - $78,500 per year
- Doniphan County - $71,100 per year
The following counties in Missouri have the lowest average salaries for occupational therapists:
- Boone County - $62,910 per year
- Bond County - $66,500 per year
- Franklin County - $67,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in occupational therapy in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Missouri
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in Missouri
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||780||$50,930||16.4%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||210||$29,200||50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Missouri