There are schools offering paramedic programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Missouri
Around 0.2% of Missouri's graduates graduate from paramedic training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 292 paramedics graduate from Missouri's 21 paramedic schools.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a paramedic program is Grand River Technical School, which is located in Chillicothe. In 2010, it was ranked 58th nationwide. In 2010, Grand River Technical School graduated 6 students from its paramedic program.
Waynesville Career Center, which was ranked 61st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a paramedic program. It is located in Waynesville. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Waynesville Career Center paramedic program.
Texas County Technical Institute, which is located in Houston, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Texas County Technical Institute paramedic program. Texas County Technical Institute charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Missouri's paramedic schools ranges from $19,854 per year to $1,704 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,297 per year. In 2010, the paramedic schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Drury University - located in Springfield, students are charged $19,854 per year
- Southwest Baptist University - located in Bolivar, students are charged $17,280 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Fenton, students are charged $15,181 per year
The paramedic schools in Missouri that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- East Central College - located in Union, students are charged $1,704 per year
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Jefferson College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $2,040 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri paramedic graduates become paramedics. Missouri had 7,620 paramedics in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of paramedics work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 3,220 paramedics
- Franklin County - 2,010 paramedics
- Audrain County - 750 paramedics
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paramedics is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,250 paramedics working in the Missouri then.
A paramedic in Missouri earns $31,920 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Missouri paramedics earned as little as less than $16,280 per year or as much as more than $54,530 per year. The following counties in Missouri have the highest average salaries for paramedics:
- Bond County - $37,360 per year
- Barry County - $35,580 per year
- Doniphan County - $35,300 per year
On average, paramedics earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Adair County - $19,840 per year
- Alexander County - $23,080 per year
- Jasper County - $24,260 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in paramedic training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Missouri
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Missouri
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||7,620||$31,920||13.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Missouri