There are schools offering personal training certifications in Missouri!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Missouri
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Missouri students graduate with degrees in personal training. In other words, every year an estimated 383 personal trainers graduate from Missouri's 14 personal training schools.
The top-ranked school in Missouri that has a personal training program is Lindenwood University. Lindenwood University, which was ranked 43rd in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Charles. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Lindenwood University's personal training program. The tuition rate at Lindenwood University was $13,540 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri with a personal training program is Saint Louis University-Main Campus, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Saint Louis University-Main Campus personal training program. Tuition at Saint Louis University-Main Campus was $32,656 per year.
Missouri State University, which is located in Springfield, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 9 students graduated with degree in personal training from Missouri State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Missouri State University was $6,276 per year.
If you choose to attend a Missouri personal training school, average tuition will be $14,000 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,255 per year to $32,656 per year. In 2010, the personal training schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- Culver-Stockton College - located in Canton, students are charged $22,550 per year
- Central Methodist University-College of Liberal Arts & Sciences - located in Fayette, students are charged $19,390 per year
The following Missouri personal training schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southeast Missouri State University - located in Cape Girardeau, students are charged $6,255 per year
- Missouri State University - located in Springfield, students are charged $6,276 per year
- University of Central Missouri - located in Warrensburg, students are charged $6,585 per year
A personal training degree from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri personal training graduates become personal trainers. 3,920 personal trainers were working in Missouri in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of personal trainers work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 2,510 personal trainers
- Franklin County - 1,950 personal trainers
- Christian County - 220 personal trainers
The government projects that the number of personal trainers in Missouri will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,560 personal trainers working in Missouri.
A personal trainer in Missouri makes an average of $24,970 per year. However, Missouri personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,480 per year to more than $42,860 per year in 2010. On average a personal trainer earns the most in the following Missouri counties:
- Franklin County - $31,450 per year
- Christian County - $31,340 per year
- Boone County - $28,620 per year
The Missouri counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Butler County - $18,120 per year
- Alexander County - $18,690 per year
- Jasper County - $20,050 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Missouri
- Certificate in Personal Training in Missouri
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||3,920||$24,970||30.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Missouri