There are schools offering social work degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Missouri
Westminster College, which is located in Fulton, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Westminster College's social work program. Tuition at Westminster College was $19,760 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri with a social work program is Lindenwood University, which is located in Saint Charles. In 2010, it was ranked 43rd nationwide. In 2010, Lindenwood University graduated 13 students from its social work program. The tuition rate at Lindenwood University was $13,540 per year.
The third-ranked school in Missouri with a social work program is Washington University in St Louis, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 53rd nationwide. 224 students graduated with degree in social work from Washington University in St Louis in 2010. The tuition rate at Washington University in St Louis was $40,369 per year.
If you choose to attend a Missouri social work school, average tuition will be $13,411 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,920 per year to $40,369 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Washington University in St Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $40,369 per year
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- Avila University - located in Kansas City, students are charged $21,900 per year
The social work schools in Missouri that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Missouri Western State University - located in Saint Joseph, students are charged $4,562 per year
- Lincoln University - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $6,175 per year
A social work degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Missouri go on to work as a social worker. If you decide to work as a social worker in Missouri, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,520 Missouri social workers as of 2010. The Missouri counties with the largest populations of social workers are:
- Bond County - 2,410 social workers
- Franklin County - 1,110 social workers
- Butler County - 460 social workers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of social workers is expected to grow by 18% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,060 social workers working in the Missouri then.
A social worker in Missouri makes an average of $41,510 per year. However, this number is only an average. social workers in Missouri had varying salaries from $19,800 to $65,450 per year in 2010. A social worker in the following Missouri counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bond County - $44,920 per year
- Jasper County - $44,480 per year
- Franklin County - $42,890 per year
On average, social workers earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Butler County - $27,720 per year
- Adair County - $33,030 per year
- Barry County - $33,450 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in social work and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Missouri
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Missouri
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||7,390||$34,910||38.4%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||4,520||$41,510||63.8%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||3,540||$33,530||30.6%|
|Social Workers, All Other||1,190||$37,950||271.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Missouri