There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Missouri
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Missouri graduates receive certificates in surgical technology. Thus, Missouri's 17 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 181 surgical technologists each year.
The top-ranked school in Missouri that has a surgical technologist program is Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Cape Girardeau. 6 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences in 2010. The tuition rate at Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences was $13,800 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri with a surgical technologist program is Columbia Area Vocational Technical School, which is located in Columbia. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Columbia Area Vocational Technical School graduated 14 students from its surgical technologist program.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a surgical technologist program is Hillyard Technical Center. Hillyard Technical Center, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Joseph. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Hillyard Technical Center surgical technologist program. Students at Hillyard Technical Center paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Missouri surgical technologist school, average tuition will be $4,895 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,352 per year to $19,854 per year. In 2010, the following Missouri surgical technologist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Drury University - located in Springfield, students are charged $19,854 per year
- Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences - located in Cape Girardeau, students are charged $13,800 per year
- Colorado Technical University - located in Kansas City, students are charged $10,700 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Missouri surgical technologist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ozarks Technical Community College - located in Springfield, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley - located in Kansas City, students are charged $2,460 per year
- Saint Louis Community College-Forest Park - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from surgical technologist school in Missouri go on to work as a surgical technologist. 1,660 surgical technologists were working in Missouri in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 750 surgical technologists
- Franklin County - 720 surgical technologists
- Christian County - 250 surgical technologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,090 surgical technologists will be working in Missouri state. This would require the number of surgical technologists to grow by 19%.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $37,460 per year in Missouri state. However, Missouri surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,580 per year to more than $52,540 per year in 2010. The counties in Missouri with the highest average salary for a surgical technologist are:
- Bond County - $39,820 per year
- Franklin County - $39,350 per year
- Boone County - $38,080 per year
The Missouri counties with the lowest average salary for surgical technologists are:
- Butler County - $32,270 per year
- Jasper County - $34,730 per year
- Christian County - $34,760 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Missouri
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Missouri
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Missouri