There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Missouri
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Missouri students graduate with degrees in visual communications. Thus, Missouri's 21 visual communications schools put out approximately 328 visual communications professionals each year.
Webster University, which is located in Saint Louis, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. 17 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from Webster University in 2010. The tuition rate at Webster University was $21,748 per year.
Lindenwood University, which is located in Saint Charles, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. Tuition at Lindenwood University was $13,540 per year.
The third-ranked school in Missouri with a visual communications program is Washington University in St Louis, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 53rd nationwide. 40 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Washington University in St Louis in 2010. Students at Washington University in St Louis paid $40,369 per year in tuition fees.
Visual communications schools in Missouri, charge students an average tuition of $13,889 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,369 per year, or as little as $1,704 per year. In 2010, the visual communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Washington University in St Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $40,369 per year
- Kansas City Art Institute - located in Kansas City, students are charged $29,866 per year
- Webster University - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $21,748 per year
The visual communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- East Central College - located in Union, students are charged $1,704 per year
- St Charles Community College - located in Saint Peters, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley - located in Kansas City, students are charged $2,460 per year
A visual communications degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Many Missouri visual communications graduates become a video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. If you decide to work as a visual communications professional in Missouri, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,380 Missouri visual communications professional as of 2010. This number includes 3,760 graphic designers, 360 video editors, and 1,140 audio visual technicians. In Missouri, the largest numbers of visual communications professional work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 3,000 visual communications professionals
- Franklin County - 2,280 visual communications professionals
- Christian County - 330 visual communications professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of visual communications professionals is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,140 visual communications professionals working in Missouri then. Of these 7,140 visual communications professionals, the government predicts that 4,940 will be graphic designers, 290 will be video editors, and 1,680 will be audio visual technicians.
On average, visual communications professionals earn a salary of $46,380 per year in Missouri state. But, salaries for visual communications professional can vary. In 2010, visual communications professional made as little as less than $17,880 per year or as much as more than $61,200 per year in Missouri. The following counties in Missouri have the highest average salaries for visual communications professionals:
- Bond County - $47,560 per year
- Christian County - $40,750 per year
- Franklin County - $40,403 per year
Visual communications professionals in the following counties in Missouri make the lowest salaries on average:
- Butler County - $30,470 per year
- Adair County - $30,660 per year
- Audrain County - $32,040 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Missouri were:
- Artist - $54,750 per year
- Video Editor - $45,280 per year
- Graphic Designer - $44,910 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Missouri were:
- Graphic Designer - $44,910 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $40,580 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Missouri
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Missouri
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,140||$40,580||16.3%|
|Film and Video Editors||360||$45,280||-7.7%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||120||$54,750||-47.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Missouri