There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Missouri
Your Favorite Schools
Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences, which is located in Cape Girardeau, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences' x ray technician program. Students at Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences paid $13,800 per year in tuition fees.
Missouri State University, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Springfield. In 2010, Missouri State University graduated 23 students from its x ray technician program. Students at Missouri State University paid $6,276 per year in tuition fees.
Sanford-Brown College, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Fenton. In 2010, 44 students graduated from Sanford-Brown College x ray technician program. Sanford-Brown College charged in-state students $15,181 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Missouri's x ray technician schools ranges from $15,181 per year to $2,460 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,930 per year. In 2010, the x ray technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Fenton, students are charged $15,181 per year
- Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences - located in Cape Girardeau, students are charged $13,800 per year
- Colorado Technical University - located in Kansas City, students are charged $10,700 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Missouri x ray technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- State Fair Community College - located in Sedalia, students are charged $2,460 per year
- Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley - located in Kansas City, students are charged $2,460 per year
- Saint Louis Community College-Forest Park - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
A x ray technician degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from x ray technician school in Missouri go on to work as a x ray technician. Missouri had 5,710 x ray technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Missouri x ray technicians:
- Bond County - 2,550 x ray technicians
- Franklin County - 2,130 x ray technicians
- Christian County - 450 x ray technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,900 x ray technicians will be working in Missouri state. This would require the number of x ray technicians to grow by 9%.
A x ray technician in Missouri makes an average of $49,080 per year. The counties in Missouri with the highest average salary for a x ray technician are:
- Boone County - $51,140 per year
- Franklin County - $51,100 per year
- Bond County - $49,760 per year
On average, x ray technicians earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Adair County - $43,530 per year
- Butler County - $43,630 per year
- Jasper County - $45,450 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in x ray technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Missouri
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in Missouri
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,405 miles from location||Missouri State University||Springfield||MO||35.1751||57%||20,371|
|6,240 miles from location||Saint Louis Community College-Forest Park||Saint Louis||MO||9.06966||n/a||8,207|
|6,472 miles from location||Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley||Kansas City||MO||9.3452||n/a||4,656|
|6,401 miles from location||State Fair Community College||Sedalia||MO||16.3254||n/a||4,263|
|6,251 miles from location||Sanford-Brown College||Fenton||MO||22.9563||n/a||1,044|
|6,470 miles from location||Colorado Technical University||Kansas City||MO||17.668||n/a||947|
|6,200 miles from location||Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences||Cape Girardeau||MO||38.1156||32%||126|
|6,406 miles from location||CoxHealth School of Radiologic Technology||Springfield||MO||1.62791||n/a||40|
|6,405 miles from location||St John's Regional Health Center-School of Radiologic Technology||Springfield||MO||1.18429||n/a||32|
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians +||5,690||$49,110|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Missouri