There are schools offering carpentry programs in Montana!
Schools Offering Carpentry Programs in Montana
Your Favorite Schools
The University of Montana, which is located in Missoula, is the top-ranked school in Montana that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 8 students graduated from The University of Montana's carpentry program. The tuition rate at The University of Montana was $5,476 per year.
Miles Community College, which is located in Miles City, is the second-ranked school in Montana that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Miles Community College graduated 1 students from its carpentry program. Tuition at Miles Community College was $3,420 per year.
Fort Belknap College, which is located in Harlem, is the third-ranked school in Montana that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. 3 students graduated with certificate in carpentry from Fort Belknap College in 2010. The tuition rate at Fort Belknap College was $2,410 per year.
Carpentry schools in Montana, charge students an average tuition of $3,398 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $5,476 per year, or as little as $2,410 per year. In 2010, the following Montana carpentry schools had the highest tuition rates:
- The University of Montana - located in Missoula, students are charged $5,476 per year
- Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology - located in Billings, students are charged $3,693 per year
- Flathead Valley Community College - located in Kalispell, students are charged $3,584 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Montana carpentry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Fort Belknap College - located in Harlem, students are charged $2,410 per year
- Stone Child College - located in Box Elder, students are charged $2,450 per year
- Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology - located in Great Falls, students are charged $3,024 per year
A carpentry certificate from a Montana school... what next?
A large number of Montana carpentry graduates become carpenters. In 2010, there were 4,100 carpenters working in Montana. The following counties have the largest number of Montana carpenters:
- Beaverhead County - 1,180 carpenters
- Flathead County - 810 carpenters
- Carbon County - 800 carpenters
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,910 carpenters will be working in Montana state. This would require the number of carpenters to grow by 9%.
A carpenter in Montana makes an average of $35,640 per year. In 2010, however, some Montana carpenters earned as little as less than $19,810 per year or as much as more than $56,670 per year. A carpenter in the following Montana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Beaverhead County - $39,390 per year
- Big Horn County - $36,880 per year
- Cascade County - $35,680 per year
On average, carpenters earns the least in the following Montana counties:
- Missoula County - $32,330 per year
- Flathead County - $32,620 per year
- Carter County - $34,380 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Montana statistics regarding a career in carpentry and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as locksmithing or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Carpentry in Montana
- Certificate in Carpentry in Montana
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,341 miles from location||The University of Montana||Missoula||MT||62.7497||42%||14,921|
|7,327 miles from location||Flathead Valley Community College||Kalispell||MT||10.7207||n/a||2,501|
|7,206 miles from location||Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology||Great Falls||MT||10.7958||n/a||2,442|
|7,115 miles from location||Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology||Billings||MT||15.6033||n/a||1,406|
|7,293 miles from location||Montana Tech-College of Technology||Butte||MT||12.2274||n/a||507|
|6,975 miles from location||Miles Community College||Miles City||MT||21.7279||n/a||502|
|7,129 miles from location||Stone Child College||Box Elder||MT||6.29681||n/a||303|
|7,076 miles from location||Fort Belknap College||Harlem||MT||16.9492||n/a||236|
Curious what studying Carpentry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters +||570||$31,460||32.6%|
|Woodworkers, All Other +||50||$25,860||66.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are carpentry related jobs in Montana