There are schools offering business administration degrees in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Nebraska
Around 4.5% of Nebraska's graduates graduate from business administration degree programs every year. That means an estimated 2,397 general managers graduate from Nebraska's 29 business administration schools each year.
University of Nebraska at Kearney, which is located in Kearney, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 252 students graduated from University of Nebraska at Kearney's business administration program. Students at University of Nebraska at Kearney paid $5,912 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a business administration program is Union College. Union College, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Lincoln. In 2010, Union College graduated 23 students from its business administration program. Students at Union College paid $18,150 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a business administration program is Midland Lutheran College. Midland Lutheran College, which was ranked 48th in the country in 2010, is located in Fremont. 6 students graduated with degree in business administration from Midland Lutheran College in 2010. The tuition rate at Midland Lutheran College was $23,664 per year.
Tuition at Nebraska's business administration schools ranges from $30,578 per year to $2,040 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,207 per year. In 2010, the following Nebraska business administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $23,474 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Nebraska business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
A business administration degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
A large number of Nebraska business administration graduates become general managers. Nebraska had 7,700 general managers in 2010. In Nebraska, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Harrison County - 4,280 general managers
- Lancaster County - 1,100 general managers
- Adams County - 780 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to grow by 1% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,150 general managers working in the Nebraska then.
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $106,470 per year in Nebraska state. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $36,030 per year or as much as more than $165,260 per year in Nebraska. The counties in Nebraska with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Harrison County - $113,840 per year
- Lancaster County - $96,320 per year
- Antelope County - $95,670 per year
The Nebraska counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Adams County - $82,910 per year
- Arthur County - $84,840 per year
- Butler County - $86,460 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Nebraska and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Nebraska
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Nebraska
- Certificate in Business Administration in Nebraska
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||7,700||$106,470||-4.5%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,410||$73,270||34.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Nebraska