There are schools offering business degrees in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Nebraska
University of Nebraska at Kearney, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a business program. It is located in Kearney. 279 students graduated with a degree in business from University of Nebraska at Kearney in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Nebraska at Kearney was $5,912 per year.
Union College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a business program. It is located in Lincoln. 28 students graduated with degree in business from Union College in 2010. The tuition rate at Union College was $18,150 per year.
The third-ranked school in Nebraska with a business program is Midland Lutheran College, which is located in Fremont. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. 63 students graduated with degree in business from Midland Lutheran College in 2010. The tuition rate at Midland Lutheran College was $23,664 per year.
Tuition at Nebraska's business schools ranges from $30,578 per year to $2,040 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,372 per year. In 2010, the business schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Nebraska were:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $23,474 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Nebraska business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
A business degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs business graduates in Nebraska pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. Nebraska had 31,950 business professionals in 2010. 2,760 of these business professionals were business analysts, 1,100 were chief executive officers, and 7,700 were operations managers. The Nebraska counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Harrison County - 18,300 business professionals
- Lancaster County - 5,820 business professionals
- Adams County - 2,470 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of Nebraska will grow to 42,100. This would require a 20% growth in the field.
On average, business professionals earn $77,438 per year. However, this number is only an average. Business professional in Nebraska had varying salaries from $16,400 to $165,260 per year in 2010. The following counties in Nebraska have the highest average salaries for business professionals:
- Butler County - $85,042 per year
- Harrison County - $80,626 per year
- Lancaster County - $79,149 per year
The Nebraska counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Adams County - $70,304 per year
- Arthur County - $71,753 per year
- Antelope County - $77,887 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Nebraska were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $176,580 per year
- Financial Manager - $113,740 per year
- Operations Manager - $106,470 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Nebraska were:
- Cost Estimator - $49,100 per year
- Credit Counselor - $44,050 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Nebraska
- Master's Degree in Business in Nebraska
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Nebraska
- Certificate in Business in Nebraska
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||7,700||$106,470||-4.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||7,160||$62,610||-4.0%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,410||$73,270||34.3%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||750||$63,270||82.9%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||450||$71,100||-22.4%|
|Human Resources Managers||300||$92,390|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Nebraska