There are schools offering EMT training in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Nebraska
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Nebraska receive emergency medical training certificates every year. Thus, Nebraska's 6 EMT schools put out approximately 20 emergency medical technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Nebraska with a EMT program is Creighton University, which is located in Omaha. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Creighton University's EMT program. Students at Creighton University paid $30,578 per year in tuition fees.
Northeast Community College, which is located in Norfolk, is the second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Northeast Community College graduated 2 students from its EMT program. The tuition rate at Northeast Community College was $2,612 per year.
The third-ranked school in Nebraska with a EMT program is Mid-Plains Community College, which is located in North Platte. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Mid-Plains Community College EMT program. Students at Mid-Plains Community College paid $2,550 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Nebraska EMT school, average tuition will be $7,062 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,040 per year to $30,578 per year. In 2010, the EMT schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Nebraska were:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Northeast Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $2,612 per year
- Mid-Plains Community College - located in North Platte, students are charged $2,550 per year
The following Nebraska EMT schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
An EMT certificate from a Nebraska school... what next?
A large number of Nebraska EMT graduates become emergency medical technicians. Nebraska had 420 emergency medical technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Nebraska emergency medical technicians:
- Adams County - 120 emergency medical technicians
- Harrison County - 120 emergency medical technicians
- Arthur County - 80 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of emergency medical technicians in the state of Nebraska will grow to 720. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
On average, emergency medical technicians earn $30,290 per year. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $17,860 per year or as much as more than $56,530 per year in Nebraska. An emergency medical technician in the following Nebraska counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Antelope County - $35,550 per year
- Harrison County - $34,420 per year
- Butler County - $30,780 per year
The Nebraska counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Arthur County - $26,200 per year
- Adams County - $26,940 per year
- Butler County - $30,780 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Nebraska
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,534 miles from location||Metropolitan Community College Area||Omaha||NE||14.4046||n/a||17,003|
|6,572 miles from location||Southeast Community College Area||Lincoln||NE||19.8121||n/a||11,556|
|6,534 miles from location||Creighton University||Omaha||NE||34.7803||27%||7,385|
|6,604 miles from location||Northeast Community College||Norfolk||NE||24.9689||n/a||5,205|
|6,784 miles from location||Mid-Plains Community College||North Platte||NE||22.0593||n/a||2,765|
|6,925 miles from location||Western Nebraska Community College||Scottsbluff||NE||16.547||n/a||2,304|
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics +||420||$30,290||-12.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Nebraska