There are schools offering social work degrees in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Nebraska
The top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a social work program is University of Nebraska at Kearney. University of Nebraska at Kearney, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Kearney. In 2010, University of Nebraska at Kearney graduated 20 students from its social work program. The tuition rate at University of Nebraska at Kearney was $5,912 per year.
The second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a social work program is Union College. Union College, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Lincoln. In 2010, Union College graduated 3 students from its social work program. Students at Union College paid $18,150 per year in tuition fees.
Creighton University, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a social work program. It is located in Omaha. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Creighton University social work program. The tuition rate at Creighton University was $30,578 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Nebraska's social work schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,374 per year, though tuition can range from $30,578 per year to $2,040 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Nebraska were:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $23,474 per year
- College of Saint Mary - located in Omaha, students are charged $23,134 per year
The social work schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Nebraska were:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Chadron State College - located in Chadron, students are charged $5,076 per year
- University of Nebraska at Kearney - located in Kearney, students are charged $5,912 per year
A social work degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Nebraska go on to work as a social worker. If you decide to work as a social worker in Nebraska, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 970 Nebraska social workers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Nebraska social workers:
- Harrison County - 470 social workers
- Lancaster County - 220 social workers
- Adams County - 110 social workers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,120 social workers will be working in Nebraska state. This would require the number of social workers to grow by 19%.
A social worker in Nebraska makes an average of $40,700 per year. However, this number is only an average. social workers in Nebraska had varying salaries from $18,740 to $57,610 per year in 2010. The following counties in Nebraska have the highest average salaries for social workers:
- Harrison County - $44,250 per year
- Lancaster County - $40,920 per year
- Adams County - $39,150 per year
The following counties in Nebraska have the lowest average salaries for social workers:
- Butler County - $36,210 per year
- Antelope County - $36,820 per year
- Arthur County - $37,270 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Nebraska
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Nebraska
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||1,750||$35,640||37.8%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||970||$40,700||76.4%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||740||$37,840||-26.0%|
|Social Workers, All Other||340||$44,280||30.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Nebraska