There are schools offering sports management degrees in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Nebraska
Around 0.2% of Nebraska's graduates graduate from sports management degree programs every year. That means an estimated 82 sports managers graduate from Nebraska's 7 sports management schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a sports management program is University of Nebraska at Kearney. University of Nebraska at Kearney, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Kearney. In 2010, University of Nebraska at Kearney graduated 27 students from its sports management program. Tuition at University of Nebraska at Kearney was $5,912 per year.
Union College, which is located in Lincoln, is the second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Union College graduated 3 students from its sports management program. Union College charged in-state students $18,150 in tuition fees per year.
Midland Lutheran College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a sports management program. It is located in Fremont. In 2010, Midland Lutheran College graduated 7 students from its sports management programs. The tuition rate at Midland Lutheran College was $23,664 per year.
Sports management schools in Nebraska, charge students an average tuition of $17,287 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $23,664 per year, or as little as $5,071 per year. In 2010, the sports management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Nebraska were:
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $23,474 per year
- Hastings College - located in Hastings, students are charged $22,620 per year
The sports management schools in Nebraska that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Wayne State College - located in Wayne, students are charged $5,071 per year
- University of Nebraska at Kearney - located in Kearney, students are charged $5,912 per year
- Union College - located in Lincoln, students are charged $18,150 per year
A sports management degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
Most people who graduate from sports management school in Nebraska go on to work as a sports manager. 1,360 sports managers were working in Nebraska in 2010. The Nebraska counties with the largest populations of sports managers are:
- Harrison County - 480 sports managers
- Lancaster County - 240 sports managers
- Adams County - 80 sports managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,770 sports managers will be working in Nebraska state. This would require the number of sports managers to grow by 7%.
A sports manager in Nebraska earns $85,450 per year on average. But, salaries for sports managers can vary. In 2010, sports managers made as little as less than $34,540 per year or as much as more than $119,660 per year in Nebraska. The following counties in Nebraska have the highest average salaries for sports managers:
- Harrison County - $91,020 per year
- Lancaster County - $78,210 per year
- Antelope County - $67,400 per year
The following counties in Nebraska have the lowest average salaries for sports managers:
- Butler County - $51,440 per year
- Arthur County - $53,590 per year
- Adams County - $61,940 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports management in Nebraska and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or sports management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Nebraska
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||1,360||$85,450||43.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Nebraska