There are schools offering accounting degrees in Nevada!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Nevada
University of Nevada-Las Vegas, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Nevada that has a accounting program. It is located in Las Vegas. In 2010, University of Nevada-Las Vegas graduated 219 students from its accounting program. Students at University of Nevada-Las Vegas paid $5,808 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Nevada with a accounting program is University of Nevada-Reno, which is located in Reno. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 71 students graduated with degree in accounting from University of Nevada-Reno in 2010. University of Nevada-Reno charged in-state students $5,561 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Nevada with a accounting program is Morrison University, which is located in Reno. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Morrison University accounting program. The tuition rate at Morrison University was $9,975 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Nevada's accounting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,702 per year, though tuition can range from $18,576 per year to $2,243 per year. In 2010, the following Nevada accounting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Everest College-Henderson - located in Henderson, students are charged $18,576 per year
- University of Phoenix-Las Vegas Campus - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $10,500 per year
The following Nevada accounting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Truckee Meadows Community College - located in Reno, students are charged $2,243 per year
- Western Nevada College - located in Carson City, students are charged $2,243 per year
- Great Basin College - located in Elko, students are charged $2,243 per year
An accounting degree from a Nevada school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Nevada pursue careers as an accountant. If you decide to work as an accountant in Nevada, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,090 Nevada accountants as of 2010. The Nevada counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Clark County - 3,990 accountants
- Pinal County - 1,400 accountants
- Carson City County - 340 accountants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,430 accountants will be working in Nevada state. This would require the number of accountants to grow by 11%.
On average, accountants earn $63,810 per year. In 2010, however, some Nevada accountants earned as little as less than $28,880 per year or as much as more than $95,450 per year. On average an accountant earns the most in the following Nevada counties:
- Churchill County - $67,740 per year
- Pinal County - $67,390 per year
- Clark County - $62,770 per year
The following counties in Nevada have the lowest average salaries for accountants:
- Elko County - $58,890 per year
- Carson City County - $62,570 per year
- Clark County - $62,770 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Nevada statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Nevada
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Nevada
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Nevada
- Certificate in Accounting in Nevada
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nevada
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||16,060||$36,620||3.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||6,090||$63,810||-11.4%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||3,120||$34,410||-6.0%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||1,450||$36,720||-18.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Nevada