There are schools offering nursing programs in Nevada!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Nevada
Your Favorite Schools
University of Nevada-Las Vegas, which is located in Las Vegas, is the top-ranked school in Nevada that has a nursing program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Nevada-Las Vegas graduated 171 students from its nursing program. University of Nevada-Las Vegas charged in-state students $5,808 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Nevada with a nursing program is University of Nevada-Reno, which is located in Reno. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 122 students graduated with degree in nursing from University of Nevada-Reno in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Nevada-Reno was $5,561 per year.
The third-ranked school in Nevada with a nursing program is Kaplan College-Las Vegas Campus, which is located in Las Vegas. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, Kaplan College-Las Vegas Campus graduated 19 students from its nursing programs. The tuition rate at Kaplan College-Las Vegas Campus was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Nevada nursing school, average tuition will be $4,768 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,243 per year to $18,048 per year. In 2010, the following Nevada nursing schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Henderson - located in Henderson, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Phoenix-Las Vegas Campus - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $10,500 per year
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $5,808 per year
The nursing schools in Nevada that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Truckee Meadows Community College - located in Reno, students are charged $2,243 per year
- College of Southern Nevada - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $2,243 per year
- Western Nevada College - located in Carson City, students are charged $2,243 per year
A nursing degree from a Nevada school... what next?
Licensed practical nurse, family nurse practitioner, critical care clinical nurse specialist, and patient care assistant are the professions of choice for a majority of nursing graduates in Nevada. If you decide to work as a nurse in Nevada, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 25,610 Nevada nurse as of 2010. This number includes 16,780 registered nurses, 2,000 licensed practical nurses, and family nurse practitioners. In Nevada, the largest numbers of nurse work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 17,890 nurses
- Pinal County - 5,080 nurses
- Carson City County - 1,230 nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of nurses is expected to grow by 17% by 2018. There are projected to be 30,980 nurses working in Nevada then. Of these 30,980 nurses, the government predicts that 20,240 will be registered nurses, 2,490 will be licensed practical nurses, and an unknown number will be family nurse practitioners.
On average, nurses earn $66,038 per year. However, this number is only an average. Nurse in Nevada had varying salaries from $18,300 to $151,070 per year in 2010. On average nurse earn the most in the following Nevada counties:
- Carson City County - $64,590 per year
- Clark County - $62,378 per year
- Pinal County - $60,945 per year
The Nevada counties with the lowest average salary for nurses are:
- Elko County - $55,728 per year
- Churchill County - $58,048 per year
- Pinal County - $60,945 per year
On average, the highest paid nurses in Nevada were:
- Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist - $92,020 per year
- Family Nurse Practitioner - $81,330 per year
- Registered Nurse - $75,320 per year
On average, the lowest paid nurses in Nevada were:
- Licensed Practical Nurse - $50,150 per year
- Patient Care Assistant - $31,370 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in Nevada and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or LPN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Nevada
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in Nevada
- Master's Degree in Nursing in Nevada
- Doctoral Degree in Nursing in Nevada
- Certificate in Nursing in Nevada
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|0 miles from location||Carrington College||Las Vegas||NV||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|7,608 miles from location||Touro University Nevada||Henderson||NV||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|7,785 miles from location||Carrington College||Reno||NV||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|7,617 miles from location||College of Southern Nevada||Las Vegas||NV||8.76905||n/a||42,108|
|7,613 miles from location||University of Nevada-Las Vegas||Las Vegas||NV||30.2847||53%||29,080|
|7,784 miles from location||University of Nevada-Reno||Reno||NV||29.9905||49%||16,875|
|7,783 miles from location||Truckee Meadows Community College||Reno||NV||11.7657||n/a||12,942|
|7,792 miles from location||Western Nevada College||Carson City||NV||8.29894||n/a||5,229|
|7,553 miles from location||Great Basin College||Elko||NV||17.5004||n/a||3,647|
|7,618 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Las Vegas Campus||Las Vegas||NV||9.57374||n/a||2,758|
|7,605 miles from location||Nevada State College||Henderson||NV||12.2875||49%||2,516|
|7,609 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Henderson||Henderson||NV||21.4047||100%||1,193|
|7,610 miles from location||University of Southern Nevada||Henderson||NV||0.0995655||n/a||833|
|7,615 miles from location||Kaplan College-Las Vegas Campus||Las Vegas||NV||22.9379||n/a||577|
Curious what studying Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nevada
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other +||n/a||$81,330|
|Registered Nurses +||16,780||$75,320||20.0%|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants +||4,890||$31,370||-3.2%|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses +||2,000||$50,150||-25.9%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers +||1,940||$92,020||20.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing related jobs in Nevada