There are schools offering RN programs in Nevada!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Nevada
Your Favorite Schools
University of Nevada-Las Vegas, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Nevada that has a RN program. It is located in Las Vegas. 163 students graduated with a degree in RN from University of Nevada-Las Vegas in 2010. Tuition at University of Nevada-Las Vegas was $5,808 per year.
The second-ranked school in Nevada with a RN program is University of Nevada-Reno, which is located in Reno. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. In 2010, University of Nevada-Reno graduated 111 students from its RN program. University of Nevada-Reno charged in-state students $5,561 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Henderson, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Nevada that has a RN program. It is located in Henderson. ITT Technical Institute-Henderson charged in-state students $18,048 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Nevada's RN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,661 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,243 per year. In 2010, the following Nevada RN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Henderson - located in Henderson, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $5,808 per year
- University of Nevada-Reno - located in Reno, students are charged $5,561 per year
The following Nevada RN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Truckee Meadows Community College - located in Reno, students are charged $2,243 per year
- Great Basin College - located in Elko, students are charged $2,243 per year
- College of Southern Nevada - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $2,243 per year
A RN degree from a Nevada school... what next?
The highest percentage of RN graduates in Nevada pursue careers as a registered nurse. Nevada had 16,780 registered nurses in 2010. In Nevada, the largest numbers of registered nurses work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 12,050 registered nurses
- Pinal County - 3,180 registered nurses
- Carson City County - 750 registered nurses
The government projects that the number of registered nurses in Nevada will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 20,240 registered nurses working in Nevada.
A registered nurse in Nevada makes an average of $75,320 per year. In 2010, however, some Nevada registered nurses earned as little as less than $49,110 per year or as much as more than $96,280 per year. The counties in Nevada with the highest average salary for a registered nurse are:
- Carson City County - $84,980 per year
- Pinal County - $75,170 per year
- Clark County - $75,040 per year
The Nevada counties with the lowest average salary for registered nurses are:
- Elko County - $68,900 per year
- Churchill County - $74,660 per year
- Clark County - $75,040 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Nevada statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or forensic nursing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Nevada
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in Nevada
- Master's Degree in Nursing in Nevada
- Certificate in Nursing in Nevada
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,785 miles from location||Carrington College||Reno||NV||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|0 miles from location||Carrington College||Las Vegas||NV||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|7,608 miles from location||Touro University Nevada||Henderson||NV||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|7,617 miles from location||College of Southern Nevada||Las Vegas||NV||8.76905||n/a||42,108|
|7,613 miles from location||University of Nevada-Las Vegas||Las Vegas||NV||30.2847||53%||29,080|
|7,784 miles from location||University of Nevada-Reno||Reno||NV||29.9905||49%||16,875|
|7,783 miles from location||Truckee Meadows Community College||Reno||NV||11.7657||n/a||12,942|
|7,792 miles from location||Western Nevada College||Carson City||NV||8.29894||n/a||5,229|
|7,553 miles from location||Great Basin College||Elko||NV||17.5004||n/a||3,647|
|7,605 miles from location||Nevada State College||Henderson||NV||12.2875||49%||2,516|
|7,609 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Henderson||Henderson||NV||21.4047||100%||1,193|
|7,610 miles from location||University of Southern Nevada||Henderson||NV||0.0995655||n/a||833|
Curious what studying RN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nevada
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Registered Nurses +||16,780||$75,320||20.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are RN related jobs in Nevada