There are schools offering communications degreess in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in New Jersey
Each year, approximately 0.8% of New Jersey graduates receive degrees in communications. In other words, every year an estimated 1,522 communications professionals graduate from New Jersey's 22 communications schools.
The top-ranked school in New Jersey with a communications program is Rutgers University-New Brunswick, which is located in New Brunswick. In 2010, it was ranked 17th nationwide. In 2010, 367 students graduated from Rutgers University-New Brunswick's communications program. The tuition rate at Rutgers University-New Brunswick was $12,582 per year.
The College of New Jersey, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a communications program. It is located in Trenton. 58 students graduated with degree in communications from The College of New Jersey in 2010. The College of New Jersey charged in-state students $13,293 in tuition fees per year.
Ramapo College of New Jersey, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a communications program. It is located in Mahwah. In 2010, 123 students graduated from Ramapo College of New Jersey communications program. Ramapo College of New Jersey charged in-state students $11,874 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New Jersey's communications schools ranges from $33,410 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $17,838 per year. In 2010, the communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham - located in Madison, students are charged $33,410 per year
- Seton Hall University - located in South Orange, students are charged $31,890 per year
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus - located in Teaneck, students are charged $31,060 per year
The following New Jersey communications schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Raritan Valley Community College - located in Somerville, students are charged $3,840 per year
- New Jersey City University - located in Jersey City, students are charged $9,250 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Communications in New Jersey
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||3,420||$63,030||-0.9%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||1,780||$27,820||6.6%|
|Writers and Authors||1,120||$56,290||10.9%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||870||$61,890||-51.9%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||380||$45,690||11.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in New Jersey