There are schools offering computer networking courses in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in New Jersey
Each year, approximately 0.1% of New Jersey graduates receive degrees in computer networking. In other words, every year an estimated 248 computer network administrators graduate from New Jersey's 15 computer networking schools.
The top-ranked school in New Jersey with a computer networking program is Stevens Institute of Technology, which is located in Hoboken. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 47 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from Stevens Institute of Technology in 2010. Tuition at Stevens Institute of Technology was $39,816 per year.
Dover Business College, which is located in Clifton, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Dover Business College computer networking program. Dover Business College charged in-state students $18,165 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a computer networking program is PC Age. PC Age, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Jersey City. 22 students graduated with degree in computer networking from PC Age in 2010. Tuition at PC Age was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a New Jersey computer networking school, average tuition will be $11,190 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,456 per year to $39,816 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New Jersey computer networking schools were charged at the following schools:
- Stevens Institute of Technology - located in Hoboken, students are charged $39,816 per year
- Bloomfield College - located in Bloomfield, students are charged $22,400 per year
- Berkeley College - located in Little Falls, students are charged $20,700 per year
The following New Jersey computer networking schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Gloucester County College - located in Sewell, students are charged $3,456 per year
- Brookdale Community College - located in Lincroft, students are charged $3,527 per year
- Middlesex County College - located in Edison, students are charged $3,598 per year
A computer networking degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey computer networking graduates become computer network administrators. In 2010, there were 9,760 computer network administrators working in New Jersey. The largest populations of New Jersey computer network administrators are working in the following counties:
- Middlesex County - 2,890 computer network administrators
- Essex County - 2,320 computer network administrators
- Mercer County - 920 computer network administrators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of computer network administrators is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,650 computer network administrators working in the New Jersey then.
A computer network administrator in New Jersey makes an average of $80,270 per year. On average a computer network administrator earns the most in the following New Jersey counties:
- Middlesex County - $81,150 per year
- Mercer County - $80,940 per year
- Essex County - $79,460 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following New Jersey counties:
- Atlantic County - $66,880 per year
- Cumberland County - $69,270 per year
- Burlington County - $70,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in New Jersey
- Doctoral Degree in Computer Networking in New Jersey
- Certificate in Computer Networking in New Jersey
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||60||$50,330|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in New Jersey