There are schools offering computer programming courses in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in New Jersey
Around 0.0% of New Jersey's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. Thus, New Jersey's 10 computer programming schools put out approximately 74 computer programmers each year.
Raritan Valley Community College, which is located in Somerville, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 88th in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Raritan Valley Community College's computer programming program. The tuition rate at Raritan Valley Community College was $3,840 per year.
Gloucester County College, which was ranked 88th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a computer programming program. It is located in Sewell. 4 students graduated with degree in computer programming from Gloucester County College in 2010. Students at Gloucester County College paid $3,456 per year in tuition fees.
Bergen Community College, which is located in Paramus, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 88th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Bergen Community College computer programming program. Bergen Community College charged in-state students $3,733 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New Jersey's computer programming schools ranges from $10,500 per year to $3,048 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,187 per year. In 2010, the following New Jersey computer programming schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Phoenix-Jersey City Campus - located in Jersey City, students are charged $10,500 per year
- Raritan Valley Community College - located in Somerville, students are charged $3,840 per year
- Bergen Community College - located in Paramus, students are charged $3,733 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Jersey computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Essex County College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,384 per year
A computer programming degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey computer programming graduates become computer programmers. 15,620 computer programmers were working in New Jersey in 2010. In New Jersey, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Middlesex County - 5,450 computer programmers
- Essex County - 3,370 computer programmers
- Mercer County - 1,240 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in New Jersey will shrink by -17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 15,750 computer programmers working in New Jersey.
On average, a computer programmer earns a salary of $82,800 per year in New Jersey state. The following counties in New Jersey have the highest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Essex County - $94,050 per year
- Middlesex County - $85,850 per year
- Mercer County - $84,060 per year
The New Jersey counties with the lowest average salary for computer programmers are:
- Cumberland County - $60,870 per year
- Atlantic County - $68,110 per year
- Burlington County - $74,150 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in New Jersey
- Certificate in Computer Programming in New Jersey
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||60||$50,330|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in New Jersey