There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in New Jersey
The top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a dental hygienist program is Brookdale Community College. Brookdale Community College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Lincroft. 12 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from Brookdale Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Brookdale Community College was $3,527 per year.
Raritan Valley Community College, which was ranked 88th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Somerville. In 2010, Raritan Valley Community College graduated 2 students from its dental hygienist program. The tuition rate at Raritan Valley Community College was $3,840 per year.
Bergen Community College, which was ranked 88th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Paramus. 37 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Bergen Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Bergen Community College was $3,733 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Jersey's dental hygienist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,177 per year, though tuition can range from $3,840 per year to $3,384 per year. The New Jersey dental hygienist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Raritan Valley Community College - located in Somerville, students are charged $3,840 per year
- Bergen Community College - located in Paramus, students are charged $3,733 per year
- Camden County College - located in Blackwood, students are charged $3,720 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Jersey dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Essex County College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Brookdale Community College - located in Lincroft, students are charged $3,527 per year
- Middlesex County College - located in Edison, students are charged $3,598 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey dental hygienist graduates become dental hygienists. New Jersey had 4,560 dental hygienists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New Jersey dental hygienists:
- Middlesex County - 1,370 dental hygienists
- Essex County - 1,090 dental hygienists
- Burlington County - 690 dental hygienists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of dental hygienists in the state of New Jersey will grow to 5,550. This would require a 22% growth in the profession.
A dental hygienist in New Jersey makes an average of $78,450 per year. However, this number is only an average. dental hygienists in New Jersey had varying salaries from $41,140 to $101,630 per year in 2010. The counties in New Jersey with the highest average salary for a dental hygienist are:
- Essex County - $80,590 per year
- Burlington County - $80,020 per year
- Mercer County - $79,740 per year
On average, dental hygienists earns the least in the following New Jersey counties:
- Atlantic County - $74,080 per year
- Middlesex County - $75,750 per year
- Cumberland County - $78,170 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in New Jersey
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in New Jersey