There are schools offering design programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Design Programs in New Jersey
Rutgers University-New Brunswick, which was ranked 17th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a design program. It is located in New Brunswick. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Rutgers University-New Brunswick's design program. The tuition rate at Rutgers University-New Brunswick was $12,582 per year.
The second-ranked school in New Jersey with a design program is The College of New Jersey, which is located in Trenton. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. 21 students graduated with degree in design from The College of New Jersey in 2010. The tuition rate at The College of New Jersey was $13,293 per year.
Montclair State University, which is located in Montclair, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a design program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 84 students graduated from Montclair State University design program. Tuition at Montclair State University was $10,016 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Jersey's design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,661 per year, though tuition can range from $31,890 per year to $3,048 per year. The New Jersey design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Seton Hall University - located in South Orange, students are charged $31,890 per year
- Centenary College - located in Hackettstown, students are charged $28,054 per year
- Felician College - located in Lodi, students are charged $26,425 per year
The design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Ocean County College - located in Toms River, students are charged $3,146 per year
- Gloucester County College - located in Sewell, students are charged $3,456 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in New Jersey
- Certificate in Design in New Jersey
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||890||$67,200|
|Designers, All Other||670||$47,770||28.8%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||110||n/a||-65.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in New Jersey