There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in New Jersey
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Connecticut
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Delaware
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Pennsylvania
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Washington DC
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Rhode Island
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Maryland
- See All Schools in New Jersey
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, approximately 0.2% of New Jersey graduates receive degrees in early childhood education. In other words, every year an estimated 377 early childhood education professionals graduate from New Jersey's 12 early childhood education schools.
The College of New Jersey, which is located in Trenton, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 32 students graduated from The College of New Jersey's early childhood education program. The College of New Jersey charged in-state students $13,293 in tuition fees per year.
Montclair State University, which is located in Montclair, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. 10 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Montclair State University in 2010. Montclair State University charged in-state students $10,016 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a early childhood education program is Felician College. Felician College, which was ranked 54th in the country in 2010, is located in Lodi. Tuition at Felician College was $26,425 per year.
Early childhood education schools in New Jersey, charge students an average tuition of $8,491 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,425 per year, or as little as $3,024 per year. In 2010, the following New Jersey early childhood education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Felician College - located in Lodi, students are charged $26,425 per year
- The College of New Jersey - located in Trenton, students are charged $13,293 per year
- William Paterson University of New Jersey - located in Wayne, students are charged $11,238 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Jersey early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Warren County Community College - located in Washington, students are charged $3,024 per year
- Essex County College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Bergen Community College - located in Paramus, students are charged $3,733 per year
An early childhood education degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
Many New Jersey early childhood education graduates become a kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. 66,670 early childhood education professionals were working in New Jersey in 2010. Of these, 11,840 were preschool teachers. In addition, 5,320 were kindergarten teachers, and 47,680 were elementary school teachers. The following counties have the largest number of New Jersey early childhood education professionals:
- Essex County - 17,060 early childhood education professionals
- Middlesex County - 15,930 early childhood education professionals
- Burlington County - 10,570 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of New Jersey will grow to 81,950. This would require a 13% growth in the field.
On average, early childhood education professionals earn $53,375 per year. But, salaries for early childhood education professional can vary. In 2010, early childhood education professional made as little as less than $16,380 per year or as much as more than $129,230 per year in New Jersey. On average early childhood education professional earn the most in the following New Jersey counties:
- Cumberland County - $59,143 per year
- Essex County - $54,555 per year
- Cape May County - $53,725 per year
Early childhood education professionals in the following counties in New Jersey make the lowest salaries on average:
- Atlantic County - $46,873 per year
- Burlington County - $50,960 per year
- Mercer County - $51,348 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in New Jersey were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $62,990 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $58,990 per year
- Preschool Director - $55,840 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in New Jersey were:
- Preschool Director - $55,840 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $35,680 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in New Jersey
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in New Jersey
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,403 miles from location||Montclair State University||Montclair||NJ||66.2247||33%||18,171|
|5,399 miles from location||Bergen Community College||Paramus||NJ||11.8148||n/a||16,469|
|5,402 miles from location||Kean University||Union||NJ||28.3841||41%||15,051|
|5,400 miles from location||Essex County College||Newark||NJ||7.50274||n/a||13,314|
|5,404 miles from location||William Paterson University of New Jersey||Wayne||NJ||29.0183||32%||10,820|
|5,422 miles from location||County College of Morris||Randolph||NJ||13.3854||n/a||8,798|
|5,395 miles from location||New Jersey City University||Jersey City||NJ||25.4935||52%||8,399|
|5,425 miles from location||Raritan Valley Community College||Somerville||NJ||12.4215||n/a||7,888|
|5,426 miles from location||The College of New Jersey||Trenton||NJ||79.0387||30%||6,980|
|5,456 miles from location||Sussex County Community College||Newton||NJ||13.9218||n/a||4,208|
|5,444 miles from location||Warren County Community College||Washington||NJ||10.5995||n/a||2,180|
|5,397 miles from location||Felician College||Lodi||NJ||46.3242||18%||2,113|
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education +||47,680||$62,990||-0.9%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education +||11,840||$35,680||6.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education +||5,320||$58,990||-5.3%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program +||1,830||$55,840||-14.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in New Jersey