There are schools offering elementary education degrees in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in New Jersey
Each year, roughly 0.4% of New Jersey students graduate with degrees in elementary education. Thus, New Jersey's 13 elementary education schools put out approximately 804 elementary educators each year.
The top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a elementary education program is Rutgers University-New Brunswick. Rutgers University-New Brunswick, which was ranked 17th in the country in 2010, is located in New Brunswick. In 2010, 44 students graduated from Rutgers University-New Brunswick's elementary education program. Tuition at Rutgers University-New Brunswick was $12,582 per year.
The College of New Jersey, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a elementary education program. It is located in Trenton. 149 students graduated with degree in elementary education from The College of New Jersey in 2010. Tuition at The College of New Jersey was $13,293 per year.
Rowan University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a elementary education program. It is located in Glassboro. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Rowan University elementary education program. Students at Rowan University paid $11,676 per year in tuition fees.
Elementary education schools in New Jersey, charge students an average tuition of $20,239 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $31,890 per year, or as little as $9,250 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New Jersey elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Seton Hall University - located in South Orange, students are charged $31,890 per year
- Rider University - located in Trenton, students are charged $30,470 per year
- Saint Peter's College - located in Jersey City, students are charged $28,332 per year
The following New Jersey elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- New Jersey City University - located in Jersey City, students are charged $9,250 per year
- Kean University - located in Union, students are charged $9,815 per year
- William Paterson University of New Jersey - located in Wayne, students are charged $11,238 per year
An elementary education degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey elementary education graduates become elementary educators. New Jersey had 47,680 elementary educators in 2010. In New Jersey, the largest numbers of elementary educators work in the following counties:
- Essex County - 12,080 elementary educators
- Middlesex County - 11,190 elementary educators
- Burlington County - 7,990 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 56,500 elementary educators working in the New Jersey then.
On average, elementary educators earn $62,990 per year. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $38,450 per year or as much as more than $102,350 per year in New Jersey. On average an elementary educator earns the most in the following New Jersey counties:
- Essex County - $64,190 per year
- Cape May County - $63,120 per year
- Burlington County - $62,180 per year
The following counties in New Jersey have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Atlantic County - $56,540 per year
- Mercer County - $59,930 per year
- Cumberland County - $60,530 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in New Jersey
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||47,680||$62,990||-0.9%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||11,660||$63,390||28.8%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||8,580||$115,960||4.8%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||5,320||$58,990||-5.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in New Jersey