There are schools offering LPN programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in New Jersey
The top-ranked school in New Jersey with a LPN program is Ocean County Vocational-Technical School, which is located in Toms River. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 124 students graduated from Ocean County Vocational-Technical School's LPN program.
Eastwick College, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a LPN program. It is located in Ramsey. In 2010, 183 students graduated from Eastwick College LPN program. Students at Eastwick College paid $14,500 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a LPN program is Dover Business College. Dover Business College, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Clifton. In 2010, 53 students graduated from Dover Business College LPN program. Students at Dover Business College paid $18,165 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a New Jersey LPN school, average tuition will be $5,234 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $18,165 per year. The New Jersey LPN schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Dover Business College - located in Clifton, students are charged $18,165 per year
- Holy Name Medical Center School of Nursing - located in Teaneck, students are charged $16,991 per year
- Eastwick College - located in Ramsey, students are charged $14,500 per year
The LPN schools in New Jersey that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Essex County College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Camden County College - located in Blackwood, students are charged $3,720 per year
A LPN certificate from a New Jersey school... what next?
The highest percentage of LPN graduates in New Jersey pursue careers as a licensed practical nurse. If you decide to work as a licensed practical nurse in New Jersey, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 15,020 New Jersey licensed practical nurses as of 2010. The New Jersey counties with the largest populations of licensed practical nurses are:
- Middlesex County - 4,220 licensed practical nurses
- Essex County - 3,190 licensed practical nurses
- Burlington County - 3,150 licensed practical nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of licensed practical nurses in the state of New Jersey will grow to 18,400. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
On average, licensed practical nurses earn $50,950 per year. However, this number is only an average. licensed practical nurses in New Jersey had varying salaries from $32,230 to $63,450 per year in 2010. The counties in New Jersey with the highest average salary for a licensed practical nurse are:
- Middlesex County - $51,720 per year
- Burlington County - $51,360 per year
- Essex County - $50,800 per year
The following counties in New Jersey have the lowest average salaries for licensed practical nurses:
- Atlantic County - $43,570 per year
- Cumberland County - $46,600 per year
- Mercer County - $47,450 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in New Jersey
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||15,020||$50,950||-15.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in New Jersey