There are schools offering paralegal programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in New Jersey
The top-ranked school in New Jersey with a paralegal program is Montclair State University, which is located in Montclair. In 2010, it was ranked 34th nationwide. In 2010, Montclair State University graduated 11 students from its paralegal program. Montclair State University charged in-state students $10,016 in tuition fees per year.
Prism Career Institute, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a paralegal program. It is located in Cherry Hill. 15 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Prism Career Institute in 2010.
Prism Career Institute, which is located in Pleasantville, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. 16 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Prism Career Institute in 2010. Prism Career Institute charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New Jersey's paralegal schools ranges from $20,700 per year to $3,024 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,370 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New Jersey paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Berkeley College - located in Little Falls, students are charged $20,700 per year
- Montclair State University - located in Montclair, students are charged $10,016 per year
- Hudson County Community College - located in Jersey City, students are charged $4,240 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Jersey paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Warren County Community College - located in Washington, students are charged $3,024 per year
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
A paralegal degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey paralegal graduates become paralegals. If you decide to work as a paralegal in New Jersey, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,530 New Jersey paralegals as of 2010. In New Jersey, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Essex County - 2,410 paralegals
- Middlesex County - 1,250 paralegals
- Burlington County - 750 paralegals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paralegals is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,300 paralegals working in the New Jersey then.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $52,870 per year in New Jersey state. However, New Jersey paralegals earned anywhere in the range from as less than $28,850 per year to more than $85,780 per year in 2010. The counties in New Jersey with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Mercer County - $59,450 per year
- Essex County - $52,080 per year
- Middlesex County - $50,800 per year
The following counties in New Jersey have the lowest average salaries for paralegals:
- Cumberland County - $41,270 per year
- Atlantic County - $43,920 per year
- Burlington County - $50,170 per year
For more data regarding a career in paralegal studies in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in New Jersey
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in New Jersey
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||6,530||$52,870||5.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in New Jersey