There are schools offering personal training certifications in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in New Jersey
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a personal training program is Rowan University. Rowan University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Glassboro. In 2010, Rowan University graduated 14 students from its personal training program. Rowan University charged in-state students $11,676 in tuition fees per year.
Montclair State University, which is located in Montclair, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Montclair State University graduated 7 students from its personal training program. Tuition at Montclair State University was $10,016 per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a personal training program is Seton Hall University. Seton Hall University, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in South Orange. 16 students graduated with degree in personal training from Seton Hall University in 2010. Seton Hall University charged in-state students $31,890 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New Jersey's personal training schools ranges from $31,890 per year to $3,924 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,223 per year. In 2010, the personal training schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Seton Hall University - located in South Orange, students are charged $31,890 per year
- Rowan University - located in Glassboro, students are charged $11,676 per year
- William Paterson University of New Jersey - located in Wayne, students are charged $11,238 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Jersey personal training schools were charged at the following schools:
- Salem Community College - located in Penns Grove, students are charged $3,924 per year
- Kean University - located in Union, students are charged $9,815 per year
- Montclair State University - located in Montclair, students are charged $10,016 per year
A personal training degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in New Jersey go on to work as a personal trainer. If you decide to work as a personal trainer in New Jersey, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,510 New Jersey personal trainers as of 2010. The largest populations of New Jersey personal trainers are working in the following counties:
- Middlesex County - 3,510 personal trainers
- Essex County - 2,360 personal trainers
- Burlington County - 1,280 personal trainers
The government projects that the number of personal trainers in New Jersey will grow by 22%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 16,200 personal trainers working in New Jersey.
A personal trainer in New Jersey makes an average of $44,410 per year. However, New Jersey personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,070 per year to more than $109,000 per year in 2010. A personal trainer in the following New Jersey counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Mercer County - $59,310 per year
- Atlantic County - $44,460 per year
- Middlesex County - $42,900 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in New Jersey make the lowest salaries on average:
- Cumberland County - $26,560 per year
- Burlington County - $40,060 per year
- Essex County - $40,640 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in New Jersey
- Certificate in Personal Training in New Jersey
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,403 miles from location||Montclair State University||Montclair||NJ||66.2247||33%||18,171|
|5,402 miles from location||Kean University||Union||NJ||28.3841||41%||15,051|
|5,437 miles from location||Rowan University||Glassboro||NJ||67.3035||31%||11,006|
|5,404 miles from location||William Paterson University of New Jersey||Wayne||NJ||29.0183||32%||10,820|
|5,404 miles from location||Seton Hall University||South Orange||NJ||63.933||13%||9,616|
|5,455 miles from location||Salem Community College||Penns Grove||NJ||10.9259||n/a||1,514|
|0 miles from location||Ocean County Vocational-Technical School||Toms River||NJ||36.1029||n/a||434|
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors +||9,510||$44,410||35.7%|
|Athletic Trainers +||810||$48,690||88.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in New Jersey