There are schools offering radiology technician programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in New Jersey
Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham, which was ranked 43rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Madison. 2 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham in 2010. The tuition rate at Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham was $33,410 per year.
The second-ranked school in New Jersey with a radiology technician program is Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus, which is located in Teaneck. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. 11 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus in 2010. Students at Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus paid $31,060 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey with a radiology technician program is St Francis Medical Center-School of Radiologic Technology, which is located in Trenton. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 5 students graduated from St Francis Medical Center-School of Radiologic Technology radiology technician program. St Francis Medical Center-School of Radiologic Technology charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a New Jersey radiology technician school, average tuition will be $6,983 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,048 per year to $33,410 per year. In 2010, the radiology technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham - located in Madison, students are charged $33,410 per year
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus - located in Teaneck, students are charged $31,060 per year
- Muhlenberg Harold B & Dorothy A Snyder Schools-School of Imaging - located in Plainfield, students are charged $21,755 per year
The radiology technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Essex County College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,384 per year
A radiology technician degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey radiology technician graduates become radiology technicians. In 2010, there were 6,490 radiology technicians working in New Jersey. The largest populations of New Jersey radiology technicians are working in the following counties:
- Middlesex County - 1,690 radiology technicians
- Essex County - 1,640 radiology technicians
- Burlington County - 920 radiology technicians
The government projects that the number of radiology technicians in New Jersey will grow by 9%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,650 radiology technicians working in New Jersey.
A radiology technician in New Jersey makes an average of $63,190 per year. The following counties in New Jersey have the highest average salaries for radiology technicians:
- Essex County - $65,210 per year
- Mercer County - $64,630 per year
- Middlesex County - $63,350 per year
A radiology technician in the following counties in New Jersey make the lowest salaries on average:
- Atlantic County - $60,430 per year
- Burlington County - $60,470 per year
- Cumberland County - $61,350 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Radiology in New Jersey
- Certificate in Radiology in New Jersey
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||9,760||$184,610||25.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in New Jersey