There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in New Jersey
Each year, approximately 0.1% of New Jersey graduates receive degrees in respiratory therapy. That means an estimated 116 respiratory therapists graduate from New Jersey's 13 respiratory therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a respiratory therapy program is Brookdale Community College. Brookdale Community College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Lincroft. 17 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Brookdale Community College in 2010. Students at Brookdale Community College paid $3,527 per year in tuition fees.
Sussex County Community College, which is located in Newton, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Sussex County Community College graduated 7 students from its respiratory therapy program. Tuition at Sussex County Community College was $3,930 per year.
Cumberland County College, which is located in Vineland, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Cumberland County College was $3,840 per year.
Tuition at New Jersey's respiratory therapy schools ranges from $4,240 per year to $3,456 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,455 per year. In 2010, the following New Jersey respiratory therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Hudson County Community College - located in Jersey City, students are charged $4,240 per year
- County College of Morris - located in Randolph, students are charged $3,945 per year
- Sussex County Community College - located in Newton, students are charged $3,930 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in New Jersey that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Gloucester County College - located in Sewell, students are charged $3,456 per year
- Atlantic Cape Community College - located in Mays Landing, students are charged $3,471 per year
- Brookdale Community College - located in Lincroft, students are charged $3,527 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey respiratory therapy graduates become respiratory therapists. New Jersey had 2,380 respiratory therapists in 2010. The New Jersey counties with the largest populations of respiratory therapists are:
- Middlesex County - 620 respiratory therapists
- Essex County - 620 respiratory therapists
- Burlington County - 300 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of New Jersey will grow to 2,750. This would require a 12% growth in the profession.
A respiratory therapist in New Jersey makes an average of $66,080 per year. However, this number is only an average. respiratory therapists in New Jersey had varying salaries from $43,930 to $87,290 per year in 2010. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following New Jersey counties:
- Mercer County - $68,390 per year
- Atlantic County - $67,820 per year
- Middlesex County - $67,240 per year
The following counties in New Jersey have the lowest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Cumberland County - $61,470 per year
- Essex County - $65,120 per year
- Burlington County - $65,370 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in New Jersey
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||320||$59,480||-61.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in New Jersey