There are schools offering ultrasound technician programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Ultrasound Technology Programs in New Jersey
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of New Jersey receive ultrasound technology certificates every year. Thus, New Jersey's 14 ultrasound technician schools put out approximately 533 ultrasound technicians each year.
Healthcare Training Institute, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a ultrasound technician program. It is located in Union. In 2010, Healthcare Training Institute graduated 37 students from its ultrasound technician program.
The second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a ultrasound technician program is Eastwick College. Eastwick College, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Ramsey. In 2010, Eastwick College graduated 170 students from its ultrasound technician program. Tuition at Eastwick College was $14,500 per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey with a ultrasound technician program is Eastern International College, which is located in Jersey City. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. 20 students graduated with certificate in ultrasound technician from Eastern International College in 2010. Eastern International College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Ultrasound technician schools in New Jersey, charge students an average tuition of $3,584 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,755 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. In 2010, the ultrasound technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Muhlenberg Harold B & Dorothy A Snyder Schools-School of Imaging - located in Plainfield, students are charged $21,755 per year
- Eastwick College - located in Ramsey, students are charged $14,500 per year
- Bergen Community College - located in Paramus, students are charged $3,733 per year
The following New Jersey ultrasound technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Gloucester County College - located in Sewell, students are charged $3,456 per year
- Burlington County College - located in Pemberton, students are charged $3,615 per year
An ultrasound technician certificate from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey ultrasound technician graduates become ultrasound technicians. If you decide to work as an ultrasound technician in New Jersey, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,970 New Jersey ultrasound technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of New Jersey ultrasound technicians are working in the following counties:
- Middlesex County - 460 ultrasound technicians
- Essex County - 400 ultrasound technicians
- Burlington County - 250 ultrasound technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of ultrasound technicians in the state of New Jersey will grow to 2,250. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, an ultrasound technician earns a salary of $68,460 per year in New Jersey state. In 2010, however, some New Jersey ultrasound technicians earned as little as less than $46,290 per year or as much as more than $116,110 per year. An ultrasound technician in the following New Jersey counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Cumberland County - $77,780 per year
- Mercer County - $70,480 per year
- Burlington County - $69,840 per year
The following counties in New Jersey have the lowest average salaries for ultrasound technicians:
- Middlesex County - $66,180 per year
- Atlantic County - $68,280 per year
- Essex County - $68,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in ultrasound technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ultrasound technology or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in New Jersey
- Certificate in Ultrasound Technology in New Jersey
Curious what studying Ultrasound Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||1,970||$68,460||23.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ultrasound technician related jobs in New Jersey