There are schools offering accounting degrees in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in New Mexico
New Mexico State University-Main Campus, which is located in Las Cruces, is the top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. In 2010, New Mexico State University-Main Campus graduated 89 students from its accounting program. New Mexico State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $5,400 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a accounting program is Santa Fe University of Art and Design. Santa Fe University of Art and Design, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Santa Fe. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Santa Fe University of Art and Design accounting program. Students at Santa Fe University of Art and Design paid $30,358 per year in tuition fees.
University of the Southwest, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a accounting program. It is located in Hobbs. In 2010, University of the Southwest graduated 4 students from its accounting programs. Students at University of the Southwest paid $14,500 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Mexico's accounting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,078 per year, though tuition can range from $30,358 per year to $675 per year. In 2010, the accounting schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Mexico were:
- Santa Fe University of Art and Design - located in Santa Fe, students are charged $30,358 per year
- University of the Southwest - located in Hobbs, students are charged $14,500 per year
- National American University-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $12,403 per year
The following New Mexico accounting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $675 per year
- Luna Community College - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $814 per year
- San Juan College - located in Farmington, students are charged $1,032 per year
An accounting degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
Most people who graduate from accounting school in New Mexico go on to work as an accountant. 5,550 accountants were working in New Mexico in 2010. The largest populations of New Mexico accountants are working in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 2,980 accountants
- Santa Fe County - 1,000 accountants
- Chaves County - 610 accountants
The government projects that the number of accountants in New Mexico will grow by 13%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,180 accountants working in New Mexico.
On average, accountants earn $65,660 per year. But, salaries for accountants can vary. In 2010, accountants made as little as less than $28,900 per year or as much as more than $106,350 per year in New Mexico. The following counties in New Mexico have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Santa Fe County - $73,410 per year
- Los Alamos County - $68,080 per year
- Bernalillo County - $67,660 per year
The New Mexico counties with the lowest average salary for accountants are:
- Catron County - $47,050 per year
- Cibola County - $50,990 per year
- Dona Ana County - $56,620 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Mexico statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in New Mexico
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in New Mexico
- Master's Degree in Accounting in New Mexico
- Certificate in Accounting in New Mexico
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||12,600||$31,760||29.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||5,550||$65,660||24.7%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||1,240||$29,010||-34.7%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||1,000||$32,360||-23.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in New Mexico