There are schools offering elementary education degrees in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in New Mexico
Around 1.4% of New Mexico's graduates graduate from elementary education degree programs every year. Thus, New Mexico's 13 elementary education schools put out approximately 666 elementary educators each year.
The top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a elementary education program is New Mexico State University-Main Campus. New Mexico State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Las Cruces. In 2010, New Mexico State University-Main Campus graduated 111 students from its elementary education program. Tuition at New Mexico State University-Main Campus was $5,400 per year.
Santa Fe University of Art and Design, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a elementary education program. It is located in Santa Fe. In 2010, Santa Fe University of Art and Design graduated 6 students from its elementary education program. Students at Santa Fe University of Art and Design paid $30,358 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New Mexico with a elementary education program is University of the Southwest, which is located in Hobbs. In 2010, it was ranked 59th nationwide. In 2010, University of the Southwest graduated 12 students from its elementary education programs. University of the Southwest charged in-state students $14,500 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Mexico's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,509 per year, though tuition can range from $30,358 per year to $1,032 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New Mexico elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Santa Fe University of Art and Design - located in Santa Fe, students are charged $30,358 per year
- University of the Southwest - located in Hobbs, students are charged $14,500 per year
- University of Phoenix-Albuquerque Campus - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $10,120 per year
The elementary education schools in New Mexico that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- San Juan College - located in Farmington, students are charged $1,032 per year
- Santa Fe Community College - located in Santa Fe, students are charged $1,224 per year
- New Mexico State University-Grants - located in Grants, students are charged $1,387 per year
An elementary education degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
A large number of New Mexico elementary education graduates become elementary educators. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in New Mexico, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,170 New Mexico elementary educators as of 2010. The largest populations of New Mexico elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 3,780 elementary educators
- Chaves County - 2,160 elementary educators
- Dona Ana County - 1,400 elementary educators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 10,890 elementary educators will be working in New Mexico state. This would require the number of elementary educators to grow by 16%.
An elementary educator in New Mexico earns $51,660 per year on average. In 2010, however, some New Mexico elementary educators earned as little as less than $35,070 per year or as much as more than $91,650 per year. The counties in New Mexico with the highest average salary for an elementary educator are:
- Dona Ana County - $66,030 per year
- Catron County - $54,950 per year
- Bernalillo County - $50,010 per year
On average, elementary educators earns the least in the following New Mexico counties:
- Cibola County - $46,740 per year
- San Juan County - $47,830 per year
- Chaves County - $49,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Mexico statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in New Mexico
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in New Mexico
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in New Mexico
- Certificate in Elementary Education in New Mexico
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||n/a||$79,890|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||10,170||$51,660||1.0%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||1,580||$55,550||-7.6%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,450||$51,920||52.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in New Mexico