There are schools offering health information programs in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in New Mexico
Around 0.1% of New Mexico's graduates graduate from health information degree programs every year. That means an estimated 57 health information technicians graduate from New Mexico's 8 health information schools each year.
ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque, which is located in Albuquerque, is the top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in health information from ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque in 2010. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque paid $19,344 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a health information program is Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus. Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus, which was ranked 87th in the country in 2010, is located in Roswell. The tuition rate at Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus was $1,339 per year.
Central New Mexico Community College, which is located in Albuquerque, is the third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 89th in the country in 2010. 16 students graduated with degree in health information from Central New Mexico Community College in 2010. Students at Central New Mexico Community College paid $1,812 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Mexico's health information schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,122 per year, though tuition can range from $19,344 per year to $1,032 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New Mexico health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $19,344 per year
- National American University-Rio Rancho - located in Rio Rancho, students are charged $12,403 per year
- National American University-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $12,403 per year
The health information schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Mexico were:
- San Juan College - located in Farmington, students are charged $1,032 per year
- Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus - located in Roswell, students are charged $1,339 per year
- University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus - located in Gallup, students are charged $1,518 per year
A health information degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
Most people who graduate from health information school in New Mexico go on to work as a health information technician. In 2010, there were 1,290 health information technicians working in New Mexico. The largest populations of New Mexico health information technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 560 health information technicians
- Cibola County - 230 health information technicians
- Chaves County - 170 health information technicians
The government projects that the number of health information technicians in New Mexico will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,200 health information technicians working in New Mexico.
A health information technician in New Mexico makes an average of $32,070 per year. However, New Mexico health information technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,120 per year to more than $52,320 per year in 2010. A health information technician in the following New Mexico counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- San Juan County - $36,300 per year
- Cibola County - $35,400 per year
- Santa Fe County - $32,910 per year
The New Mexico counties with the lowest average salary for health information technicians are:
- Dona Ana County - $24,120 per year
- Catron County - $26,400 per year
- Chaves County - $28,240 per year
For more data regarding a career in health information in New Mexico and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in New Mexico
- Certificate in Health Information in New Mexico
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||1,290||$32,070||8.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in New Mexico