There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in New Mexico
Each year, roughly 0.5% of New Mexico students graduate with certificates in nurse assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 233 nursing assistants graduate from New Mexico's 10 nursing assistant schools.
Navajo Technical College, which is located in Crownpoint, is the top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a certificate in nursing assistant from Navajo Technical College in 2010. Navajo Technical College charged in-state students $1,620 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in New Mexico with a nursing assistant program is New Mexico Junior College, which is located in Hobbs. In 2010, it was ranked 84th nationwide. In 2010, New Mexico Junior College graduated 0 students from its nursing assistant program. Tuition at New Mexico Junior College was $1,076 per year.
Northern New Mexico College, which was ranked 84th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Espanola. 0 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from Northern New Mexico College in 2010. Northern New Mexico College charged in-state students $2,594 in tuition fees per year.
Nursing assistant schools in New Mexico, charge students an average tuition of $1,491 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,594 per year, or as little as $764 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New Mexico nursing assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northern New Mexico College - located in Espanola, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Central New Mexico Community College - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $1,812 per year
- Navajo Technical College - located in Crownpoint, students are charged $1,620 per year
The nursing assistant schools in New Mexico that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Eastern New Mexico University-Ruidoso - located in Ruidoso, students are charged $764 per year
- New Mexico Junior College - located in Hobbs, students are charged $1,076 per year
- Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus - located in Roswell, students are charged $1,339 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a New Mexico school... what next?
A large number of New Mexico nursing assistant graduates become nursing assistants. New Mexico had 6,950 nursing assistants in 2010. The largest populations of New Mexico nursing assistants are working in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 3,300 nursing assistants
- Chaves County - 1,170 nursing assistants
- Cibola County - 910 nursing assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 9,800 nursing assistants will be working in New Mexico state. This would require the number of nursing assistants to grow by 21%.
On average, nursing assistants earn $24,600 per year. In 2010, however, some New Mexico nursing assistants earned as little as less than $16,110 per year or as much as more than $35,660 per year. On average a nursing assistant earns the most in the following New Mexico counties:
- Bernalillo County - $27,280 per year
- Los Alamos County - $24,640 per year
- San Juan County - $24,210 per year
The following counties in New Mexico have the lowest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Chaves County - $20,050 per year
- Catron County - $21,870 per year
- Cibola County - $21,900 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Mexico statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in New Mexico
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||6,950||$24,600||-1.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in New Mexico