There are schools offering special education degrees in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Special Education Programs in New Mexico
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, roughly 0.4% of New Mexico students graduate with degrees in special education. In other words, every year an estimated 171 special education professionals graduate from New Mexico's 9 special education schools.
The top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a special education program is New Mexico State University-Main Campus. New Mexico State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Las Cruces. 45 students graduated with a degree in special education from New Mexico State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at New Mexico State University-Main Campus paid $5,400 per year in tuition fees.
University of the Southwest, which was ranked 59th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a special education program. It is located in Hobbs. In 2010, 3 students graduated from University of the Southwest special education program. The tuition rate at University of the Southwest was $14,500 per year.
The third-ranked school in New Mexico with a special education program is University of New Mexico-Main Campus, which is located in Albuquerque. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, 72 students graduated from University of New Mexico-Main Campus special education program. Students at University of New Mexico-Main Campus paid $5,506 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at New Mexico's special education schools ranges from $14,500 per year to $1,224 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,559 per year. The New Mexico special education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of the Southwest - located in Hobbs, students are charged $14,500 per year
- University of Phoenix-Albuquerque Campus - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $10,120 per year
- University of New Mexico-Main Campus - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $5,506 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Mexico special education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Santa Fe Community College - located in Santa Fe, students are charged $1,224 per year
- Northern New Mexico College - located in Espanola, students are charged $2,594 per year
- New Mexico Highlands University - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $2,972 per year
A special education degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
The following counties have the largest number of New Mexico special education professionals:
- Bernalillo County - 430 special education professionals
- Chaves County - 350 special education professionals
- Dona Ana County - 340 special education professionals
The government projects that the number of special education professionals in New Mexico will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,010 special education professionals working in New Mexico.
special education professionals in New Mexico earn $55,550 per year on average. But, salaries for special education professional can vary. In 2010, special education professional made as little as less than $35,000 per year or as much as more than $95,350 per year in New Mexico. The following counties in New Mexico have the highest average salaries for special education professionals:
- Dona Ana County - $66,260 per year
- Bernalillo County - $57,970 per year
- Cibola County - $52,000 per year
On average, special education professionals earn the least in the following New Mexico counties:
- Chaves County - $47,170 per year
- San Juan County - $47,920 per year
- Catron County - $51,580 per year
The special education professionals with highest average salaries in New Mexico were:
- Preschool Special Education Teacher - $55,550 per year
The special education professionals with lowest average salaries in New Mexico were:
- Preschool Special Education Teacher - $55,550 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Mexico statistics regarding a career in special education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as speech therapy or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education in New Mexico
- Master's Degree in Special Education in New Mexico
- Doctoral Degree in Special Education in New Mexico
- Certificate in Special Education in New Mexico
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,163 miles from location||University of New Mexico-Main Campus||Albuquerque||NM||31.7802||54%||27,241|
|7,200 miles from location||New Mexico State University-Main Campus||Las Cruces||NM||60.5764||45%||18,526|
|6,986 miles from location||Eastern New Mexico University-Main Campus||Portales||NM||22.1305||52%||4,679|
|7,121 miles from location||Santa Fe Community College||Santa Fe||NM||9.04201||n/a||4,630|
|7,158 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Albuquerque Campus||Albuquerque||NM||15.0679||n/a||4,537|
|7,077 miles from location||New Mexico Highlands University||Las Vegas||NM||13.6265||n/a||3,739|
|7,283 miles from location||Western New Mexico University||Silver City||NM||13.5482||n/a||3,370|
|7,121 miles from location||Northern New Mexico College||Espanola||NM||14.3259||n/a||2,066|
|6,990 miles from location||University of the Southwest||Hobbs||NM||40.5528||66%||528|
Curious what studying Special Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School +||1,580||$55,550||-7.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are special education related jobs in New Mexico