There are schools offering advertising programs in New York!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York with a advertising program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. In 2010, New York University graduated no students from its advertising program. Tuition at New York University was $40,082 per year.
Syracuse University, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a advertising program. It is located in Syracuse. 59 students graduated with degree in advertising from Syracuse University in 2010. The tuition rate at Syracuse University was $36,302 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York with a advertising program is Marist College, which is located in Poughkeepsie. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, Marist College graduated 76 students from its advertising programs. Students at Marist College paid $27,740 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of New York's advertising schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $24,460 per year, though tuition can range from $40,082 per year to $3,529 per year. The New York advertising schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Syracuse University - located in Syracuse, students are charged $36,302 per year
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
The advertising schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
- Mohawk Valley Community College-Utica Branch - located in Utica, students are charged $3,870 per year
- Fashion Institute of Technology - located in New York, students are charged $4,164 per year
An advertising degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of advertising graduates in New York pursue careers as an advertiser. 24,170 advertisers were working in New York in 2010. The New York counties with the largest populations of advertisers are:
- Bergen County - 20,550 advertisers
- Nassau County - 1,540 advertisers
- Albany County - 560 advertisers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of advertisers in the state of New York will shrink to 29,050. This would require a 0% decline in the profession.
On average, advertisers earn $67,870 per year. But, salaries for advertisers can vary. In 2010, advertisers made as little as less than $16,620 per year or as much as more than $120,360 per year in New York. An advertiser in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bergen County - $70,850 per year
- Nassau County - $61,440 per year
- Dutchess County - $56,510 per year
On average, advertisers earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Allegany County - $30,580 per year
- Broome County - $34,770 per year
- Clinton County - $36,200 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in advertising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Advertising in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in New York
- Master's Degree in Advertising in New York
- Certificate in Advertising in New York
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||24,170||$67,870||-3.1%|
|Writers and Authors||6,840||$88,630||68.1%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||5,460||$139,550||2.1%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||5,210||$142,330||1.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in New York