There are schools offering animation programs in New York!
Schools Offering Animation Programs in New York
New York University, which is located in New York, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a animation program. It received a ranking of 9th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 7 students graduated from New York University's animation program. New York University charged in-state students $40,082 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in New York with a animation program is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, which is located in Troy. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in animation from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 2010. Students at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute paid $40,680 per year in tuition fees.
Marist College, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a animation program. It is located in Poughkeepsie. In 2010, Marist College graduated 6 students from its animation programs. Tuition at Marist College was $27,740 per year.
Tuition at New York's animation schools ranges from $40,680 per year to $3,490 per year. But, the average tuition is $22,477 per year. In 2010, the following New York animation schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - located in Troy, students are charged $40,680 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Pratt Institute-Main - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $36,790 per year
The animation schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
- CUNY Bronx Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Fashion Institute of Technology - located in New York, students are charged $4,164 per year
An animation degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York animation graduates become animators. In 2010, there were 2,980 animators working in New York. The following counties have the largest number of New York animators:
- Bergen County - 2,410 animators
- Nassau County - 110 animators
- Albany County - 80 animators
The government projects that the number of animators in New York will grow by 5%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,460 animators working in New York.
An animator in New York earns $66,340 per year on average. However, New York animators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,690 per year to more than $90,750 per year in 2010. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for animators:
- Bergen County - $68,090 per year
- Livingston County - $60,090 per year
- Erie County - $58,950 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for animators:
- Nassau County - $46,100 per year
- Albany County - $52,440 per year
- Erie County - $58,950 per year
For more data regarding a career in animation in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Animation in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Animation in New York
- Master's Degree in Animation in New York
Curious what studying Animation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||2,980||$66,340||7.2%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||1,100||$55,780||3.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are animation related jobs in New York