There are schools offering clinical psychology degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Clinical Psychology Programs in New York
Around 0.0% of New York's graduates graduate from clinical psychology degree programs every year. Thus, New York's 20 clinical psychology schools put out approximately 226 clinical psychologists each year.
The top-ranked school in New York with a clinical psychology program is Columbia University in the City of New York, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 3rd nationwide. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Columbia University in the City of New York's clinical psychology program. The tuition rate at Columbia University in the City of New York was $43,304 per year.
New York University, which is located in New York, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a clinical psychology program. It received a ranking of 9th in the country in 2010. In 2010, New York University graduated 0 students from its clinical psychology program. Students at New York University paid $40,082 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New York with a clinical psychology program is University of Rochester, which is located in Rochester. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. 6 students graduated with degree in clinical psychology from University of Rochester in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Rochester was $40,282 per year.
Clinical psychology schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $24,616 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $43,304 per year, or as little as $4,830 per year. The New York clinical psychology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- University of Rochester - located in Rochester, students are charged $40,282 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
The following New York clinical psychology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- CUNY Graduate School and University Center - located in New York, students are charged $4,830 per year
- CUNY Queens College - located in Flushing, students are charged $5,077 per year
- Stony Brook University - located in Stony Brook, students are charged $6,580 per year
A clinical psychology degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York clinical psychology graduates become clinical psychologists. In 2010, there were 10,300 clinical psychologists working in New York. The New York counties with the largest populations of clinical psychologists are:
- Bergen County - 5,820 clinical psychologists
- Nassau County - 1,570 clinical psychologists
- Livingston County - 580 clinical psychologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of clinical psychologists is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 15,410 clinical psychologists working in the New York then.
On average, clinical psychologists earn $82,300 per year. In 2010, however, some New York clinical psychologists earned as little as less than $36,250 per year or as much as more than $137,540 per year. A clinical psychologist in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Nassau County - $96,930 per year
- Bergen County - $85,990 per year
- Columbia County - $81,180 per year
A clinical psychologist in the following counties in New York make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allegany County - $63,370 per year
- Cayuga County - $64,540 per year
- Tompkins County - $65,870 per year
For more data regarding a career in clinical psychology in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or sports psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology in New York
Curious what studying Clinical Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||10,300||$82,300||2.7%|
|Mental Health Counselors||6,480||$36,890||10.8%|
|Marriage and Family Therapists||910||$36,150||127.5%|
|Psychologists, All Other||680||$90,590||74.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are clinical psychology related jobs in New York