There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in New York!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York with a dental hygienist program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. 75 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from New York University in 2010. Tuition at New York University was $40,082 per year.
Farmingdale State College, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Farmingdale. In 2010, 48 students graduated from Farmingdale State College dental hygienist program. The tuition rate at Farmingdale State College was $6,093 per year.
SUNY College of Technology at Canton, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Canton. 20 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from SUNY College of Technology at Canton in 2010. Tuition at SUNY College of Technology at Canton was $6,297 per year.
Dental hygienist schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $8,032 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,082 per year, or as little as $3,505 per year. The New York dental hygienist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- SUNY College of Technology at Canton - located in Canton, students are charged $6,297 per year
- Farmingdale State College - located in Farmingdale, students are charged $6,093 per year
The following New York dental hygienist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- CUNY Hostos Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,505 per year
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
- Erie Community College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $3,690 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York dental hygienist graduates become dental hygienists. 9,710 dental hygienists were working in New York in 2010. The largest populations of New York dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 4,190 dental hygienists
- Nassau County - 1,500 dental hygienists
- Erie County - 1,060 dental hygienists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 13,360 dental hygienists will be working in New York state. This would require the number of dental hygienists to grow by 24%.
On average, dental hygienists earn $68,600 per year. However, this number is only an average. dental hygienists in New York had varying salaries from $39,700 to $90,870 per year in 2010. A dental hygienist in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bergen County - $80,560 per year
- Nassau County - $73,830 per year
- Dutchess County - $72,790 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for dental hygienists are:
- Erie County - $51,310 per year
- Broome County - $51,360 per year
- Allegany County - $52,210 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental hygiene in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in New York
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in New York