There are schools offering design programs in New York!
Schools Offering Design Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York that has a design program is New York University. New York University, which was ranked 9th in the country in 2010, is located in New York. 145 students graduated with a degree in design from New York University in 2010. Students at New York University paid $40,082 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York with a design program is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, which is located in Troy. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in design from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 2010. Tuition at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute was $40,680 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York that has a design program is Syracuse University. Syracuse University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Syracuse. 166 students graduated with degree in design from Syracuse University in 2010. Students at Syracuse University paid $36,302 per year in tuition fees.
Design schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $14,988 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,680 per year, or as little as $3,320 per year. The New York design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - located in Troy, students are charged $40,680 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Cornell University - located in Ithaca, students are charged $39,666 per year
The design schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY Kingsborough Community College - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $3,500 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in New York
- Master's Degree in Design in New York
- Certificate in Design in New York
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||2,080||$62,620||-32.9%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||740||$59,450||-21.3%|
|Designers, All Other||510||$59,920||-23.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in New York