There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in New York
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of New York receive electrical engineering degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 546 electrical engineers graduate from New York's 40 electrical engineering schools.
Rochester Institute of Technology, which is located in Rochester, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology's electrical engineering program. The tuition rate at Rochester Institute of Technology was $30,717 per year.
The second-ranked school in New York with a electrical engineering program is SUNY College of Technology at Alfred, which is located in Alfred. In 2010, it was ranked 44th nationwide. In 2010, SUNY College of Technology at Alfred graduated 31 students from its electrical engineering program. Tuition at SUNY College of Technology at Alfred was $6,218 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York with a electrical engineering program is Farmingdale State College, which is located in Farmingdale. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. 34 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from Farmingdale State College in 2010. Students at Farmingdale State College paid $6,093 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a New York electrical engineering school, average tuition will be $7,713 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,320 per year to $30,717 per year. The New York electrical engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Rochester Institute of Technology - located in Rochester, students are charged $30,717 per year
- New York Institute of Technology - located in Old Westbury, students are charged $25,470 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Albany - located in Albany, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York electrical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
- CUNY Bronx Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,504 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrical engineering school in New York go on to work as an electrical engineer. In 2010, there were 8,750 electrical engineers working in New York. The following counties have the largest number of New York electrical engineers:
- Bergen County - 3,650 electrical engineers
- Broome County - 1,400 electrical engineers
- Nassau County - 1,200 electrical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electrical engineers is expected to shrink by -8% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,870 electrical engineers working in the New York then.
On average, electrical engineers earn $87,220 per year. However, this number is only an average. electrical engineers in New York had varying salaries from $38,030 to $164,550 per year in 2010. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for an electrical engineer are:
- Clinton County - $98,980 per year
- Nassau County - $97,540 per year
- Bergen County - $92,320 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for electrical engineers:
- Erie County - $73,340 per year
- Livingston County - $76,350 per year
- Madison County - $78,940 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrical engineering in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in New York
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in New York
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||7,480||$57,550||-4.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in New York