There are schools offering fashion programs in New York!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York with a fashion program is Marist College, which is located in Poughkeepsie. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. 80 students graduated with a degree in fashion from Marist College in 2010. Students at Marist College paid $27,740 per year in tuition fees.
The New School, which is located in New York, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 493 students graduated from The New School fashion program. The New School charged in-state students $37,610 in tuition fees per year.
Fashion Institute of Technology, which is located in New York, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 1,739 students graduated with degree in fashion from Fashion Institute of Technology in 2010. The tuition rate at Fashion Institute of Technology was $4,164 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New York's fashion schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,497 per year, though tuition can range from $37,610 per year to $3,720 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York fashion schools were charged at the following schools:
- The New School - located in New York, students are charged $37,610 per year
- Pratt Institute-Main - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $36,790 per year
- Marist College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $27,740 per year
The fashion schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Genesee Community College - located in Batavia, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Herkimer County Community College - located in Herkimer, students are charged $3,920 per year
- Nassau Community College - located in Garden City, students are charged $4,037 per year
A fashion degree from a New York school... what next?
Model, marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, and photographer are the professions of choice for a majority of fashion graduates in New York. 318,780 fashion professionals were working in New York in 2010. Of these, 7,260 were fashion designers. In addition, 90 were models, and 10,370 were marketing managers. The New York counties with the largest populations of fashion professional are:
- Bergen County - 199,130 fashion professionals
- Nassau County - 48,760 fashion professionals
- Erie County - 17,470 fashion professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of fashion professionals in the state of New York will shrink to 331,630. This would require a -7% decline in the field.
fashion professionals in New York earn $59,867 per year on average. In 2010, however, some New York fashion professional earned as little as less than $15,650 per year or as much as more than $165,400 per year. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for fashion professionals:
- Bergen County - $69,770 per year
- Nassau County - $63,346 per year
- Albany County - $61,524 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for fashion professional:
- Chemung County - $22,140 per year
- Columbia County - $28,900 per year
- Tompkins County - $35,875 per year
The fashion professionals with highest average salaries in New York were:
- Marketing Manager - $156,420 per year
- Fashion Designer - $81,990 per year
- Fashion Magazine Editor - $74,690 per year
On average, the lowest paid fashion professionals in New York were:
- Knitter - $22,060 per year
- Model - per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in fashion. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in New York
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||8,660||$65,700||4.5%|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers||1,200||$62,680||-31.0%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||560||$22,060||-68.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in New York