There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in New York!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in New York
Each year, approximately 0.1% of New York graduates receive degrees in healthcare administration. Thus, New York's 28 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 677 healthcare administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in New York that has a healthcare administration program is Stony Brook University. Stony Brook University, which was ranked 23rd in the country in 2010, is located in Stony Brook. 51 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from Stony Brook University in 2010. Stony Brook University charged in-state students $6,580 in tuition fees per year.
The New School, which is located in New York, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, The New School graduated 16 students from its healthcare administration program. Students at The New School paid $37,610 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New York with a healthcare administration program is Roberts Wesleyan College, which is located in Rochester. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College healthcare administration program. Students at Roberts Wesleyan College paid $24,369 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at New York's healthcare administration schools ranges from $39,666 per year to $3,490 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,601 per year. In 2010, the healthcare administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- Cornell University - located in Ithaca, students are charged $39,666 per year
- The New School - located in New York, students are charged $37,610 per year
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York healthcare administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
- Erie Community College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $3,690 per year
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College - located in Johnstown, students are charged $3,738 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York healthcare administration graduates become healthcare administrators. New York had 27,260 healthcare administrators in 2010. The New York counties with the largest populations of healthcare administrators are:
- Bergen County - 17,070 healthcare administrators
- Nassau County - 3,870 healthcare administrators
- Albany County - 1,570 healthcare administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare administrators in the state of New York will grow to 28,660. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
On average, healthcare administrators earn $108,090 per year. In 2010, however, some New York healthcare administrators earned as little as less than $44,510 per year or as much as more than $148,030 per year. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for a healthcare administrator are:
- Nassau County - $116,510 per year
- Bergen County - $115,160 per year
- Broome County - $103,130 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Columbia County - $74,290 per year
- Hamilton County - $81,010 per year
- Allegany County - $81,500 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in New York
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in New York
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in New York
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||27,260||$108,090||16.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in New York