There are schools offering homeland security degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Homeland Security Programs in New York
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of New York receive homeland security degrees every year. Thus, New York's 7 homeland security schools put out approximately 43 homeland security professionals each year.
Rochester Institute of Technology, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a homeland security program. It is located in Rochester. no students graduated with a degree in homeland security from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2010. Students at Rochester Institute of Technology paid $30,717 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York with a homeland security program is Roberts Wesleyan College, which is located in Rochester. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in homeland security from Roberts Wesleyan College in 2010. Students at Roberts Wesleyan College paid $24,369 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New York that has a homeland security program is Adelphi University. Adelphi University, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Garden City. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Adelphi University homeland security program. The tuition rate at Adelphi University was $27,900 per year.
Homeland security schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $16,300 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,717 per year, or as little as $4,244 per year. The New York homeland security schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Rochester Institute of Technology - located in Rochester, students are charged $30,717 per year
- Adelphi University - located in Garden City, students are charged $27,900 per year
- Roberts Wesleyan College - located in Rochester, students are charged $24,369 per year
The homeland security schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Onondaga Community College - located in Syracuse, students are charged $4,244 per year
- SUNY College of Technology at Canton - located in Canton, students are charged $6,297 per year
- Medaille College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $20,570 per year
A homeland security degree from a New York school... what next?
Many New York homeland security graduates become a fbi special agent, security officer, radio electronics officer, and geospatial intelligence analyst. 108,320 homeland security professionals were working in New York in 2010. Of these, 2,010 were transportation security officers. In addition, 9,150 were fbi special agents, and 95,860 were security officers. The largest populations of New York homeland security professional are working in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 76,670 homeland security professionals
- Nassau County - 11,750 homeland security professionals
- Albany County - 4,590 homeland security professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 118,930 homeland security professionals will be working in New York. This would require the number of homeland security professional to grow by 2%.
homeland security professionals in New York make an average of $56,818 per year. However, this number is only an average. Homeland security professional in New York had varying salaries from $15,820 to $125,060 per year in 2010. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for homeland security professionals are:
- Bergen County - $59,788 per year
- Albany County - $53,180 per year
- Nassau County - $49,493 per year
Homeland security professionals in the following counties in New York make the lowest salaries on average:
- Warren County - $24,960 per year
- Columbia County - $26,080 per year
- Broome County - $29,840 per year
On average, the highest paid homeland security professionals in New York were:
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst - $89,250 per year
- Fbi Special Agent - $74,150 per year
- Radio Electronics Officer - $56,870 per year
On average, the lowest paid homeland security professionals in New York were:
- Transportation Security Officer - $34,750 per year
- Security Officer - $29,070 per year
For more data regarding a career in homeland security in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as crime scene investigation or homeland security, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Homeland Security in New York
- Master's Degree in Homeland Security in New York
- Certificate in Homeland Security in New York
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,604 miles from location||Rochester Institute of Technology||Rochester||NY||72.5018||32%||15,445|
|5,530 miles from location||Onondaga Community College||Syracuse||NY||13.8727||n/a||12,038|
|5,373 miles from location||Adelphi University||Garden City||NY||63.7728||20%||7,951|
|5,499 miles from location||SUNY College of Technology at Canton||Canton||NY||19.5555||39%||3,320|
|5,662 miles from location||Medaille College||Buffalo||NY||27.0858||41%||2,927|
|5,611 miles from location||Roberts Wesleyan College||Rochester||NY||64.0904||30%||1,928|
|5,326 miles from location||Long Island University-Riverhead||Riverhead||NY||39.2766||89%||268|
Curious what studying Homeland Security gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Security Guards +||95,860||$29,070||-3.4%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators +||9,150||$74,150||18.5%|
|Protective Service Workers, All Other +||2,010||$34,750||-68.8%|
|Physical Scientists, All Other +||1,260||$89,250||-31.1%|
|Radio Operators +||40||$56,870||-75.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are homeland security related jobs in New York