There are schools offering hotel management degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Hotel Management Programs in New York
New York University, which is located in New York, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a hotel management program. It received a ranking of 9th in the country in 2010. 59 students graduated with a degree in hotel management from New York University in 2010. Students at New York University paid $40,082 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York with a hotel management program is Cornell University, which is located in Ithaca. In 2010, it was ranked 50th nationwide. In 2010, Cornell University graduated 310 students from its hotel management program. Cornell University charged in-state students $39,666 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in New York that has a hotel management program is SUNY College at Plattsburgh. SUNY College at Plattsburgh, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Plattsburgh. In 2010, SUNY College at Plattsburgh graduated 59 students from its hotel management programs. SUNY College at Plattsburgh charged in-state students $6,164 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New York's hotel management schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,113 per year, though tuition can range from $40,082 per year to $3,529 per year. The New York hotel management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Cornell University - located in Ithaca, students are charged $39,666 per year
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
The hotel management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
- Schenectady County Community College - located in Schenectady, students are charged $3,533 per year
- Finger Lakes Community College - located in Canandaigua, students are charged $3,738 per year
A hotel management degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York hotel management graduates become hotel managers. New York had 1,030 hotel managers in 2010. The New York counties with the largest populations of hotel managers are:
- Bergen County - 720 hotel managers
- Nassau County - 80 hotel managers
- Allegany County - 50 hotel managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of hotel managers is expected to grow by 1% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,870 hotel managers working in the New York then.
On average, a hotel manager earns a salary of $73,340 per year in New York state. However, this number is only an average. hotel managers in New York had varying salaries from $29,080 to $137,960 per year in 2010. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Bergen County - $78,930 per year
- Nassau County - $77,060 per year
- Erie County - $62,980 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for hotel managers are:
- Dutchess County - $45,090 per year
- Allegany County - $45,660 per year
- Cayuga County - $48,620 per year
For more data regarding a career in hotel management in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or hotel management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hotel Management in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management in New York
- Master's Degree in Hotel Management in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Hotel Management in New York
- Certificate in Hotel Management in New York
Curious what studying Hotel Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hotel management related jobs in New York