There are schools offering interior design programs in New York!
Schools Offering Interior Design Programs in New York
Your Favorite Schools
Rochester Institute of Technology, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a interior design program. It is located in Rochester. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology's interior design program. The tuition rate at Rochester Institute of Technology was $30,717 per year.
The New School, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a interior design program. It is located in New York. In 2010, 119 students graduated from The New School interior design program. The tuition rate at The New School was $37,610 per year.
School of Visual Arts, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a interior design program. It is located in New York. In 2010, 15 students graduated from School of Visual Arts interior design program. Tuition at School of Visual Arts was $28,140 per year.
Tuition at New York's interior design schools ranges from $37,610 per year to $4,164 per year. But, the average tuition is $26,073 per year. In 2010, the interior design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- The New School - located in New York, students are charged $37,610 per year
- Pratt Institute-Main - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $36,790 per year
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
The following New York interior design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Fashion Institute of Technology - located in New York, students are charged $4,164 per year
- New York School of Interior Design - located in New York, students are charged $18,920 per year
- The Art Institute of New York City - located in New York, students are charged $19,731 per year
An interior design degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of interior design graduates in New York pursue careers as an interior designer. 3,390 interior designers were working in New York in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York interior designers:
- Bergen County - 2,570 interior designers
- Nassau County - 370 interior designers
- Madison County - 140 interior designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of interior designers is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,100 interior designers working in the New York then.
An interior designer in New York makes an average of $64,400 per year. However, this number is only an average. interior designers in New York had varying salaries from $22,270 to $103,740 per year in 2010. An interior designer in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Albany County - $79,810 per year
- Bergen County - $67,840 per year
- Nassau County - $62,110 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for interior designers are:
- Erie County - $39,490 per year
- Dutchess County - $40,730 per year
- Livingston County - $43,590 per year
For more data regarding a career in interior design in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as design or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design in New York
- Master's Degree in Interior Design in New York
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,604 miles from location||Rochester Institute of Technology||Rochester||NY||72.5018||32%||15,445|
|5,391 miles from location||Pace University-New York||New York||NY||30.8627||24%||12,706|
|5,391 miles from location||Fashion Institute of Technology||New York||NY||35.0366||66%||10,413|
|5,391 miles from location||The New School||New York||NY||66.8296||36%||10,260|
|5,381 miles from location||New York Institute of Technology||Old Westbury||NY||25.852||32%||9,171|
|5,389 miles from location||Pratt Institute-Main||Brooklyn||NY||28.4577||31%||4,707|
|5,390 miles from location||School of Visual Arts||New York||NY||63.6309||35%||4,323|
|5,391 miles from location||The Art Institute of New York City||New York||NY||22.6431||94%||1,329|
|5,512 miles from location||Cazenovia College||Cazenovia||NY||19.5719||18%||1,119|
|5,389 miles from location||New York School of Interior Design||New York||NY||36.8328||n/a||628|
Curious what studying Interior Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Interior Designers +||3,390||$64,400||-1.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are interior design related jobs in New York