There are schools offering massage therapy programs in New York!
Schools Offering Massage Therapy Programs in New York
Each year, approximately 0.1% of New York graduates receive certificates in massage therapy. That means an estimated 812 massage therapists graduate from New York's 13 massage therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in New York with a massage therapy program is Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy, which is located in Albany. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. 50 students graduated with a certificate in massage therapy from Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy in 2010.
The second-ranked school in New York that has a massage therapy program is New York Institute of Massage Inc. New York Institute of Massage Inc, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Buffalo. 71 students graduated with certificate in massage therapy from New York Institute of Massage Inc in 2010.
Swedish Institute a College of Health Sciences, which is located in New York, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a massage therapy program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 216 students graduated from Swedish Institute a College of Health Sciences massage therapy program. Students at Swedish Institute a College of Health Sciences paid $11,375 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at New York's massage therapy schools ranges from $19,908 per year to $3,490 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,179 per year. In 2010, the following New York massage therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine - located in New York, students are charged $19,908 per year
- Trocaire College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $13,010 per year
- Swedish Institute a College of Health Sciences - located in New York, students are charged $11,375 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York massage therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
- Finger Lakes Community College - located in Canandaigua, students are charged $3,738 per year
- Mildred Elley School - located in Albany, students are charged $9,462 per year
A massage therapy certificate from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York massage therapy graduates become massage therapists. If you decide to work as a massage therapist in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,970 New York massage therapists as of 2010. In New York, the largest numbers of massage therapists work in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 1,400 massage therapists
- Nassau County - 290 massage therapists
- Erie County - 150 massage therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of massage therapists in the state of New York will grow to 5,480. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
On average, a massage therapist earns a salary of $50,060 per year in New York state. In 2010, however, some New York massage therapists earned as little as less than $15,730 per year or as much as more than $79,250 per year. On average a massage therapist earns the most in the following New York counties:
- Tompkins County - $53,380 per year
- Bergen County - $51,580 per year
- Albany County - $46,400 per year
On average, massage therapists earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Livingston County - $29,130 per year
- Dutchess County - $29,870 per year
- Erie County - $33,920 per year
For more data regarding a career in massage therapy in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Massage Therapy in New York
- Certificate in Massage Therapy in New York
Curious what studying Massage Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are massage therapy related jobs in New York