There are schools offering MBA programs in New York!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in New York
Columbia University in the City of New York, which is located in New York, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a MBA program. It received a ranking of 3rd in the country in 2010. 26 students graduated with a degree in MBA from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2010. Tuition at Columbia University in the City of New York was $43,304 per year.
The second-ranked school in New York with a MBA program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. In 2010, New York University graduated 6 students from its MBA program. The tuition rate at New York University was $40,082 per year.
United States Military Academy, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a MBA program. It is located in West Point. In 2010, 66 students graduated from United States Military Academy MBA program. The tuition rate at United States Military Academy was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a New York MBA school, average tuition will be $14,851 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,320 per year to $43,304 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York MBA schools were charged at the following schools:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - located in Troy, students are charged $40,680 per year
- University of Rochester - located in Rochester, students are charged $40,282 per year
The MBA schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
A MBA degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York MBA graduates become general managers. If you decide to work as a general manager in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 97,640 New York general managers as of 2010. The New York counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Bergen County - 61,960 general managers
- Nassau County - 14,650 general managers
- Erie County - 5,790 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to shrink by -10% by 2018. There are projected to be 90,530 general managers working in the New York then.
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $137,660 per year in New York state. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $45,690 per year or as much as more than $164,740 per year in New York. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Bergen County - $159,210 per year
- Nassau County - $133,890 per year
- Livingston County - $117,720 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Clinton County - $87,660 per year
- Columbia County - $89,070 per year
- Chemung County - $90,480 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in New York
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in New York
- Certificate in Business Administration in New York
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||97,640||$137,660||15.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in New York