There are schools offering radiology technician programs in New York!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York with a radiology technician program is Molloy College, which is located in Rockville Centre. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. 20 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from Molloy College in 2010. Molloy College charged in-state students $22,130 in tuition fees per year.
Long Island University-C W Post Campus, which is located in Greenvale, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Long Island University-C W Post Campus graduated 22 students from its radiology technician program. Long Island University-C W Post Campus charged in-state students $30,210 in tuition fees per year.
St Joseph's Medical Center School of Radiography, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Yonkers. 9 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from St Joseph's Medical Center School of Radiography in 2010. Tuition at St Joseph's Medical Center School of Radiography was $0 per year.
Tuition at New York's radiology technician schools ranges from $31,980 per year to $3,504 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,327 per year. In 2010, the radiology technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- St. John's University-New York - located in Jamaica, students are charged $31,980 per year
- Long Island University-C W Post Campus - located in Greenvale, students are charged $30,210 per year
- Manhattan College - located in Bronx, students are charged $26,920 per year
The radiology technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- CUNY Bronx Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,504 per year
- CUNY Hostos Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,505 per year
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
A radiology technician degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of radiology technician graduates in New York pursue careers as a radiology technician. If you decide to work as a radiology technician in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 13,120 New York radiology technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of New York radiology technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 6,440 radiology technicians
- Nassau County - 2,470 radiology technicians
- Erie County - 980 radiology technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 14,360 radiology technicians will be working in New York state. This would require the number of radiology technicians to grow by 9%.
A radiology technician in New York earns $62,500 per year on average. On average a radiology technician earns the most in the following New York counties:
- Dutchess County - $68,290 per year
- Nassau County - $67,120 per year
- Bergen County - $66,690 per year
On average, radiology technicians earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Allegany County - $46,270 per year
- Chemung County - $49,220 per year
- Clinton County - $49,990 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in radiology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in New York
- Certificate in Radiology in New York
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||41,620||$155,550||55.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in New York