There are schools offering veterinary assistant programs in New York!
Schools Offering Veterinary Assisting Programs in New York
Your Favorite Schools
SUNY College of Technology at Alfred, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a veterinary assistant program. It is located in Alfred. In 2010, SUNY College of Technology at Alfred graduated 29 students from its veterinary assistant program. Tuition at SUNY College of Technology at Alfred was $6,218 per year.
Medaille College, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a veterinary assistant program. It is located in Buffalo. 60 students graduated with degree in veterinary assistant from Medaille College in 2010. Tuition at Medaille College was $20,570 per year.
SUNY College of Technology at Delhi, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a veterinary assistant program. It is located in Delhi. 89 students graduated with degree in veterinary assistant from SUNY College of Technology at Delhi in 2010. Students at SUNY College of Technology at Delhi paid $6,405 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at New York's veterinary assistant schools ranges from $20,570 per year to $3,492 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,938 per year. The New York veterinary assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Medaille College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $20,570 per year
- SUNY College of Technology at Delhi - located in Delhi, students are charged $6,405 per year
- SUNY College of Technology at Canton - located in Canton, students are charged $6,297 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York veterinary assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- CUNY Bronx Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Ulster County Community College - located in Stone Ridge, students are charged $4,408 per year
A veterinary assistant degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of veterinary assistant graduates in New York pursue careers as a veterinary assistant. New York had 2,470 veterinary assistants in 2010. In New York, the largest numbers of veterinary assistants work in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 790 veterinary assistants
- Nassau County - 470 veterinary assistants
- Albany County - 270 veterinary assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of veterinary assistants in the state of New York will grow to 3,230. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
On average, a veterinary assistant earns a salary of $27,050 per year in New York state. In 2010, however, some New York veterinary assistants earned as little as less than $15,680 per year or as much as more than $41,740 per year. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for veterinary assistants:
- Bergen County - $31,080 per year
- Tompkins County - $29,750 per year
- Nassau County - $29,110 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for veterinary assistants:
- Clinton County - $20,050 per year
- Broome County - $20,730 per year
- Cayuga County - $21,060 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in veterinary assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in New York
- Certificate in Veterinary Assisting in New York
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,344 miles from location||Suffolk County Community College||Selden||NY||13.9764||n/a||24,822|
|5,388 miles from location||CUNY LaGuardia Community College||Long Island City||NY||11.3502||n/a||17,028|
|5,388 miles from location||CUNY Bronx Community College||Bronx||NY||8.94108||n/a||10,420|
|5,412 miles from location||Ulster County Community College||Stone Ridge||NY||12.4152||n/a||3,540|
|5,602 miles from location||SUNY College of Technology at Alfred||Alfred||NY||56.2524||36%||3,530|
|5,499 miles from location||SUNY College of Technology at Canton||Canton||NY||19.5555||39%||3,320|
|5,457 miles from location||SUNY College of Technology at Delhi||Delhi||NY||21.6199||28%||3,183|
|5,662 miles from location||Medaille College||Buffalo||NY||27.0858||41%||2,927|
Curious what studying Veterinary Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers +||2,470||$27,050|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary assistant related jobs in New York