There are schools offering audio production programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Audio Production Programs in North Carolina
Around 0.1% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from audio production degree programs every year. Thus, North Carolina's 8 audio production schools put out approximately 156 audio producers each year.
Elon University, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a audio production program. It is located in Elon College. 3 students graduated with a degree in audio production from Elon University in 2010. Elon University charged in-state students $26,827 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a audio production program is Appalachian State University. Appalachian State University, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Boone. In 2010, 49 students graduated from Appalachian State University audio production program. The tuition rate at Appalachian State University was $5,251 per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a audio production program is Campbell University. Campbell University, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Buies Creek. Campbell University charged in-state students $22,520 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a North Carolina audio production school, average tuition will be $10,672 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,981 per year to $26,827 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina audio production schools were charged at the following schools:
- Elon University - located in Elon College, students are charged $26,827 per year
- Campbell University - located in Buies Creek, students are charged $22,520 per year
- Living Arts College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $19,260 per year
The audio production schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Guilford Technical Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $1,981 per year
- North Carolina A & T State University - located in Greensboro, students are charged $4,416 per year
- Western Carolina University - located in Cullowhee, students are charged $5,124 per year
An audio production degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina audio production graduates become audio producers. 810 audio producers were working in North Carolina in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina audio producers:
- Anson County - 160 audio producers
- Guilford County - 110 audio producers
- Chatham County - 90 audio producers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of audio producers is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 990 audio producers working in the North Carolina then.
An audio producer in North Carolina makes an average of $35,120 per year. But, salaries for audio producers can vary. In 2010, audio producers made as little as less than $16,010 per year or as much as more than $63,780 per year in North Carolina. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for audio producers:
- Anson County - $44,630 per year
- Buncombe County - $39,360 per year
- Franklin County - $37,740 per year
The North Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for audio producers are:
- Beaufort County - $28,080 per year
- Davie County - $28,300 per year
- Guilford County - $30,180 per year
For more data regarding a career in audio production in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as audio production or music production, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Production in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Production in North Carolina
- Certificate in Audio Production in North Carolina
Curious what studying Audio Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||810||$35,120||9.5%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||210||$37,030||50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio production related jobs in North Carolina